PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for performance upgrades for 545i?

Kalil147
06-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Wanting to drop about 1k in my 05 545i sport package. Ive been wanting to drop my 545i about an inch in the rear and half inch in the front but I can't find any springs to satisfy my wants.

Only mods done: New iridiums, K&N filter, carbon filter delete, open exhaust valve.

Any suggestions for increasing performance?

heffdiddy
06-29-2012, 10:53 AM
short of forced induction you wont be able to get much more out of it. check out dinans website and you will see that there arent any real horsepower upgrades available. the ones that are out there are negligible and not really worth the cost.

as far as the springs go, do a search and see what other people have used. a lot of people in the 6er forum do it so they would probably have more info and be able to help more.

Kalil147
06-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the info, Ill check it out. For springs, I am having a very difficult time. I feel like the rear rides too high for some reason. I see most springs drop over an inch in the front. That would be too low.

ECSTuning
06-29-2012, 02:15 PM
My least aggressive spring for your 545 is the H&R Sport Springs (LINK (http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E60-545i-N62_4.4L/Suspension/Springs/ES248919/?salesrep=JRiggsbee&utm_source=bimmerfest&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=JRiggsbee&utm_campaign=postreply)), even those lower the car a tad over an inch in the front (1.3 Front and 1.2 Rear).