PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my MTech Front Bumper.

gixman
06-29-2012, 08:51 AM
I went with the mtech front bumper and the HID fog lights from um-nitza. Tim was great to work with. He made sure I got the bumper with the correct size PDC holes. I should of bought the mtech brake ducts because the stock ducts don't match up very well.

I very happy with the look of the car now.

uwhusky
06-29-2012, 09:57 AM
Gixman - looks great! I'll be following in your footsteps in the next 30 days or so.

A few questions for you if you don't mind.

1. Why did you go with the MTech over the M5 Tech? Honestly, they look the same to me in their pictures and are the same price so I don't know the difference but perhaps you do and you have a reason for picking one over the other?
2. Roughly how much total did it cost considering the price of the bumper, cost to paint it and install it, etc?

gixman
06-29-2012, 12:57 PM
Gixman - looks great! I'll be following in your footsteps in the next 30 days or so.

A few questions for you if you don't mind.

1. Why did you go with the MTech over the M5 Tech? Honestly, they look the same to me in their pictures and are the same price so I don't know the difference but perhaps you do and you have a reason for picking one over the other?
2. Roughly how much total did it cost considering the price of the bumper, cost to paint it and install it, etc?

Thanks man.

I have no idea what the difference is. They look the same to me in the pictures too. Most people seem to get the mtech.

The bumper and hid's cost me $550 and paint/labor was somewhere between $400 and $500.

dunne44
06-29-2012, 01:17 PM
E60 is still ugly

Arctic-Rodz
06-29-2012, 01:44 PM
E60 is still ugly

:confused: you must be blind.... Great lines on the E60

gixman
06-29-2012, 02:05 PM
E60 is still ugly

Troll

Mike Swing
06-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Your fog lights are HIDs too?

gixman
06-29-2012, 10:00 PM
Yes sir

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

Mike Swing
06-30-2012, 08:37 AM
Looks awesome. I have a Black 530 and I want the same wheels. What size did you get and are there any side profile pics? Nice grill too.

jpzeller
06-30-2012, 09:15 AM
I went with the mtech front bumper and the HID fog lights from um-nitza. Tim was great to work with. He made sure I got the bumper with the correct size PDC holes. I should of bought the mtech brake ducts because the stock ducts don't match up very well.

I very happy with the look of the car now.

Scary sharp!

Congrats.

550iMarine
07-01-2012, 06:40 AM
E60 is still ugly

and your e39 is now a dinosaur

Oceans10
07-01-2012, 08:47 AM
and your e39 is now a dinosaur

LOL. Slapppp!

I loved my E39 540 Sport, but had to ditch it as it became to unreliable after 12 years of faithful service.
I have long since gotten over it. My E60 is light years ahead in refinement and performance. The last build year was 2002, 10 years ago. R.I.P. E39, whatever is left of you. :angel:

gixman
07-01-2012, 03:16 PM

Kalil147
07-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Bad ass ride! I have been looking forward to purchasing a front bumper from Umnitza but worried about installation. Was your bumper a direct bolt on? Or were modifications required?

uwhusky
07-02-2012, 09:00 AM
Gixman - I was wondering on your new front bumper, do you think it sits too high off the road for being such an aggressive front spoiler/bumper? That was one of my observations in looking at yours is that it seems like for the look it should ride a bit lower to the ground. It definately looks different and more aggressive than the previous bumper (the bumper I'm currently using) and was wondering if you felt the same about the look of your new Mtech bumper in comparison to your original OEM bumper. I'm not dissing your bumper but before I pull the trigger I was wondering if you or anyone else felt like the bumper seemed a bit "out of sorts" for how high the car rides given it's an x-drive car.

Oceans10
07-02-2012, 09:05 AM
Gixman's car is an XI and the suspension is a lot taller than non XIs. We recently met up and put our cars side by side. mine looked a good 2-3 inches lower if not more. BIG difference. I am RWD with H&R sport springs.
PS his car is show room clean!

550iMarine
07-02-2012, 09:16 AM
Are you gonna also get the side skirts and rear diffuser as well? They really bring out the car imho especially since you have aftermarket wheels.

uwhusky
07-02-2012, 09:52 AM
Oceans10 - Did/do you think his new mtech front bumper looks out of place given the high stance of the car? I have the same car (but in white), don't have those wheels (mine are OEM 18" 124 style) and some rear 12mm spacers. I'm half inclined to say the bumper rides to high on that car. What do you think?

Gixman - no offense intended, honestly. I think it looks very good and am still inclined to go the same route but am just wondering if others are seeing what I'm seeing or if I'm "up in the night".

Oceans10
07-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Go for it. It looks 10x better with Mtech. Go for the full kit, front, rear and sides with HD fogs. Then lower the car with coil overs (V3).
Good move on the spacers.
I guess they jacked up the X suspension because the 4WD is used for snow and they want to ensure clearance.
I went with a separate set of snow tires on rims. It's a trade off.

uwhusky
07-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Go for it. It looks 10x better with Mtech. Go for the full kit, front, rear and sides with HD fogs. Then lower the car with coil overs (V3).

It's either the Mtech front bumper or nothing. I'm not going the full kit, not going to lower the car, not going to do any of that.

MELLOWYELLOW06
07-02-2012, 11:17 AM
Looks great.

I need to get an M bumper for the 6 as well.

umnitza
07-02-2012, 07:11 PM
looks great! Thanks, we've added your photos to the Facebook page!

gixman
07-02-2012, 07:28 PM
thanks man

gixman
07-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Scary sharp!

Congrats.

Thanks

Bad ass ride! I have been looking forward to purchasing a front bumper from Umnitza but worried about installation. Was your bumper a direct bolt on? Or were modifications required?

Thanks. I had my body shop paint/install the bumper. I believe they removed the styrafoam inserts behind the cover. And you do need the mtech brake ducts becasue the stock brake ducts don't match up.

Gixman - I was wondering on your new front bumper, do you think it sits too high off the road for being such an aggressive front spoiler/bumper? That was one of my observations in looking at yours is that it seems like for the look it should ride a bit lower to the ground. It definately looks different and more aggressive than the previous bumper (the bumper I'm currently using) and was wondering if you felt the same about the look of your new Mtech bumper in comparison to your original OEM bumper. I'm not dissing your bumper but before I pull the trigger I was wondering if you or anyone else felt like the bumper seemed a bit "out of sorts" for how high the car rides given it's an x-drive car.

It's a matter of opinion. I love the way they mtech looks. I don't think it sits too high. I do want to get a sport suspension in the future but mainly for handling.

Gixman's car is an XI and the suspension is a lot taller than non XIs. We recently met up and put our cars side by side. mine looked a good 2-3 inches lower if not more. BIG difference. I am RWD with H&R sport springs.
PS his car is show room clean!

Thanks buddy.

Are you gonna also get the side skirts and rear diffuser as well? They really bring out the car imho especially since you have aftermarket wheels.

I would love too but I want to get DP's and the CP-E FMIC first. I have to space out the upgrades or my wife will kill me.

Looks great.

I need to get an M bumper for the 6 as well.

Thanks

uwhusky
07-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Has anyone who's had this bumper installed had problems with their body shop being able to install it?

I called my body guy today, he's a high end body shop and does all the work for BMW and Porsche and is well known in my area as THE top body shop in the valley. I told him about the MTech non-OEM but OEM replica bumper and he said not to buy a bumper that wasn't OEM because it won't fit right, needs to be bolted in to the frame and overall he's had fits with them. He's going to quote me a price for an OEM M-style bumper but before he does I just wanted to check to see if people have had problems with these?

terrystu
07-03-2012, 01:51 PM
E60 is still ugly

Know what's really ugly? - - - - - JEALOUSY!

umnitza
07-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Has anyone who's had this bumper installed had problems with their body shop being able to install it?

I called my body guy today, he's a high end body shop and does all the work for BMW and Porsche and is well known in my area as THE top body shop in the valley. I told him about the MTech non-OEM but OEM replica bumper and he said not to buy a bumper that wasn't OEM because it won't fit right, needs to be bolted in to the frame and overall he's had fits with them. He's going to quote me a price for an OEM M-style bumper but before he does I just wanted to check to see if people have had problems with these?

Your guy is full of it. Call our local body shop - 925 798 1264 - Mark
They do about 5-10 of these full packages for us every month.:thumbup: