PDA

View Full Version : Methods to get a copy of my car's maintenance records?

firemedic521
06-29-2012, 04:38 PM
I posted this earlier in the ask a dealer forum and haven't received any response. It may have been the wrong place to go for help.
I recently bought my first BMW , a 2006 750I . So far I love the car. I bought the car private party and the previous owner gave me all the maintenance records from the day the car was driven off the lot. I went through them a few days ago and noticed that 2 pages were missing. I went to my local BMW dealer this morning with the car and the registration and asked if they could print up a copy of the records or just the 2 pages I am missing. They refused citing that the records are private and could have personal information from the previous owner on them. I asked if the could black out any such info and even showed that I had partial records from the previous owner with his info . They still refused to give me anything no matter what I came up with. I really need these 2 pages and this is a car I now own. I just want to fill in the blanks to make sure I have everything up to date maintenance wise. I was pretty disappointed with my first experience with the dealership. Is there any way for me to get the maintenance records on my car. Thank you for you help and advise.

Sent from my EVO using Bimmer App

Catanzaro
06-29-2012, 04:54 PM
Go to the previous owner and have him request them or ask the dealer to mail them to the original owner. The previous owner should help you.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Bimmer App

Slick44
06-29-2012, 05:36 PM

DriftGirl
06-29-2012, 06:15 PM
wow! and here I thought I was just going to swing by my local dealer and get "info" on my "new 2 me" car.

Thanks for saving me a wasted trip :(

bejiita78
06-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Can you help me with the same Slick ??

Tall_Order_E66
06-29-2012, 08:07 PM
Give me the vin and I'll get you the records from my sa at BMW here in nj

Free up your inbox, we cant send msg

johndade
06-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Sometimes you can get them from parts department guys

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Bimmer App