PDA

View Full Version : Dr Colorchip or EZ Chip Repair

alfabmw1
06-30-2012, 04:51 AM
I am thinking about trying either DR Colorchip or EZ Chip Repair.
Does anyone have any experience with either? Even better, has anyone tried both and can give a comparison?

Thanks!

DDave
07-03-2012, 05:07 PM
I got my kit over the weekend and used it on my 08 silver X5, so far so good. the color match was dead on , however I did have to go over the larger chips a few times to get the results I was looking for , all in all I am very pleased with this product. I plan on ordering another kit for my wifes car soon. I hope this helps. :)

alfabmw1
07-04-2012, 05:03 AM
Thanks DDave, which kit was that? I have heard good things about Dr Colorchip, but the two for one deal tha EZ Chip Repair offers is tempting.

DDave
07-04-2012, 05:41 AM
I bought the one from EZ chip, I should have got the secound color for free but I wasnt sure how good it would work . Well next time I order I will get two colors, one for my wife and another for my brother inlaw. I picked ez chip over dr color chip because it was cheaper and I tried dr color about four years ago and was not happy with the results, this stuff from EZ seems to work a bit better, your car will never look brand new again but atleast you dont see the chips like before using there product, like I said before some of the bigger / deeper chips you might have to go over them a few times. remember to let them dry between secound coats. Good luck.

dalekressin
07-04-2012, 05:51 AM
I purchased the ColorChip kit.
Paint, gloves, fiber cloth.
Worth the cost for sure