PDA

View Full Version : Is Delta's Economy Comfort class worth the extra money?

neve1064
07-01-2012, 08:58 AM
We have a flight to Berlin coming up soon. We were looking at the cost of Delta's comfort economy seating class. Apparently, the seats recline 50% more than regular economy seating. Obviously, they are in a better location so you can exit the plane sooner. They give you alcoholic drinks as part of the deal aswell. We can enter the plane before the rest of the cattle, etc...

It's a 7 1/2 hour duration flight. For an extra $115 per person we can get this seating. The width of the seats are the same as economy.

I'm not gonna be drinking a ton a of alcohol on the flight so that's not really a factor for me.

I guess the recline is what makes its worth it? Thoughts, please?

Thanks in advance.
Sent from a cell phone

dsturgeon
07-01-2012, 09:28 AM
neve1064,

I just flew Delta on my ED in Ecomony Plus. I have status so I didn't have to pay the extra but probably would have. The leg room is the key for me and the seats do recline a little more because of the avaliable leg room. One thing to check on is the space under the seat in front of you because of the electronics. I am not sure every seat has this issue but it could be a problem for some.

This site may help you with the "best" seats. http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Delta_Airlines/information.php

X3 Skier
07-02-2012, 11:26 AM
I would check the cost of Business class fares as well. There 's a pretty good sale on now (or maybe it ended:dunno:)

Cheers