PDA

View Full Version : 750 or 745?? E65 or E66?? Chime in with your thoughts!!

losnostros
07-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Greetings!! I'm 6'2" with pretty long arms/legs and need some comfort and luxury. About to buy a 2002-2004 BMW 745Li!! I would like to hear what people think about the 745 vs. the 750 and also the "Li" vs. "i" versions. I have owned over 15 cars, but never a BMW/Mercedes/Lexus. I have seen lots of inexpensive 745i's and Li's in Los Angeles and Las Vegas, but I hear they have computer problems potentially. I've also heard that the first version 745 had these issues but by 2005 or 2006 the computer problems were solved. Post what you think I should do and why you like the different models. Also, I considering a warranty since maintanence can be expensive with BMW's. Thanks for the advice, feedback and help!! :bigpimp:

TheMilkMan
07-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Just about everything you said is true, so just go off that. You can find good deals though if you take your time and check everywhere you can.

First_745Li
07-01-2012, 03:27 PM
I have the 2003 745 Li model... dude... I love the space..plenty of foot room... My cousin is 6'0'' and can stretch out in the front or backseats.. So in my opinion, what ever year or model you get... get the Li..

Rookie2008
07-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Honestly you can choose "I" or "LI" . Your only problem is how big are the people that will possibly ride in the back. Also how often will you have 4 people at one time in the car. I believe the front cabin area is the same. As for the rear you get an extra 5" of legroom, an headroom in the "LI". Now As for what model I would say 750. Reason too many to list. For one exterior looks far better than the 745. Updated fascia, squashed kidney grille giving the appearance of a wider vehicle ect. Interior almost the same but better Navi display, updated I drive knob chrome trim around switches ect. For the performance you have a bigger 4.8L V8 360hp in the 750 as opposed to the 4.4L 325hp V8 in the 745. The Main reason I would take the 750 is FAR LESS PROBLEMS. Although the still have some similar issues you will have fewer than the 745. What ever decision you make get some sort of WARRANTY you will need it. These car are selling cheap right now but the price to maintain them has not changed. VERY EXPENSIVE. This is my opinion only an best of luck.

First_745Li
07-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Rookie,
I think I'm sold on a 750.. Lol

Suri [TBR]
07-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Honestly you can choose "I" or "LI" . Your only problem is how big are the people that will possibly ride in the back. Also how often will you have 4 people at one time in the car. I believe the front cabin area is the same. As for the rear you get an extra 5" of legroom, an headroom in the "LI". Now As for what model I would say 750. Reason too many to list. For one exterior looks far better than the 745. Updated fascia, squashed kidney grille giving the appearance of a wider vehicle ect. Interior almost the same but better Navi display, updated I drive knob chrome trim around switches ect. For the performance you have a bigger 4.8L V8 360hp in the 750 as opposed to the 4.4L 325hp V8 in the 745. The Main reason I would take the 750 is FAR LESS PROBLEMS. Although the still have some similar issues you will have fewer than the 745. What ever decision you make get some sort of WARRANTY you will need it. These car are selling cheap right now but the price to maintain them has not changed. VERY EXPENSIVE. This is my opinion only an best of luck.

Very well said my man! :D