PDA

View Full Version : 2005 530i won't start-any ideas?

gw83630
07-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Wife's 2005 530i,,, no previous problems,,, been on extended BMW service plan until January 2012. Computer wanted oil changed in May,,, I changed oil, but cannot reset the computer. Computer says service still due and oil past due for change.

Last Tuesday, she drove to work in the morning with no issue. Went out at lunchtime, put the key in the ignition and turned to start. Nothing happened. By cell phone,,, I had her shift to neutral and back to Park,,, nothing. I had her try to start without pushing the brake. The computer and dash both said to depress the brake pedal. Tried again and still nothing.

I got there an hour later and it started without any problem. She drove the car the rest of the week without any issue.

Saturday morning, it would not start. All displays recognize her key and the spare key by adjusting seats and steering wheel, but when you turn to start with either key,,, there is nothing,,, no sound at all.

Battery is showing 13+ volts. Fuel is 3/4 tank. Gas cap is tight. Computer shows all things and all systems OK except past due oil change.

Any ideas?

micosan
07-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Maybe this?

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=526422