PDA

View Full Version : Cobb AP or Vishnu PROcede V5

mermar
07-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Leaning toward the Cobb for ease of install-uninstall. However, hear so many great things about the drivability (stock like powerband with plenty of low end punch not just WOT power) of the Procede piggyback. I have a Porcede installer near my home.
However, the Procede does seem designed more for the high end tuner (adding downpipe, DCI, meth, etc..). Dont see that in my future. At most - a DCI if I can be convinced they truly add HP and not just make noise as they intake hot air.

Anyone with exerpeince with either care to comment?

Thanks

xclone
07-02-2012, 10:53 AM
You can tun either to the high end. Personally, there is far to much drama with the procede and updates cost you $$. Cobb does not charge for updates and the ease of install/de-install is simple. If you like tinkering around in the ECU, then the procede may be for you but, personally, i'd look at the JB4 before the procede.

Oceans10
07-02-2012, 02:05 PM
+1

DCI add a little power north of 4,000 rpms. The more your car is tuned, the more the net effect. It makes sense to improve breathing when you increase boost pressure.

TLO03
07-02-2012, 03:03 PM
install/ removal: cobb
customer service : Cobb
ease of use: procede (map switching etc)
features (gauge hijacking): procede
logging : cobb
power/drivability: procede ( this is really true for 535'S)
updates/self tunning: cobb
resale: im not sure what the proceed v5 gose for, and that vin lock think Shiv dose but, used cobs go for like $600 +

These are just my observations after owning them both and watching what the 335 guys are doing. and personally i sold my proceed still have cobb and jb4. So id say cobb. but look and see whats more important to you.

NoQuarter
07-02-2012, 03:09 PM
(I have never used any other tune) I really like my Procede.

However, the Procede does not ship ready to install in the 5 series. It takes some extra effort. See my sig.

ModBargains III
07-02-2012, 04:47 PM
resale: im not sure what the proceed v5 gose for, and that vin lock think Shiv dose but, used cobs go for like $600 +

These are just my observations after owning them both and watching what the 335 guys are doing. and personally i sold my proceed still have cobb and jb4. So id say cobb. but look and see whats more important to you.

That's a good un-biased way to do it. The truth is, the 5 employee's here who have a 335i or 135i, all have COBB, unfortunately I'm not one of them, but I've had the pleasure of driving them around and I've had the ability to play around with the interface. Install is a breeze as mentioned above, installing and uninstalling takes 15 minutes. I would stretch to say that COBB might have a good point to add in about drive-ability as well as they have different throttle mappings for your comfort level if you want a smooth and linear power output, or something more aggresive.

With that said, just check out the ease of use, it's insane how easy this thing is to use:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXMHBSZc3JY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMbC7mcCcQ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHQZZ0JnlEc

http://www.modbargains.com/images/Products/Cobb%20AccessPORT/Cobb-AccessPORT-135i-335i-535i-Dyno.jpg (http://www.modbargains.com/Cobb-AccessPORT-ECU-Flash-BMW-N54-135i-335i-535i-AP-BMW-001.htm)

More info can be found below:
*Cobb AccessPORT ECU Flash Tuner BMW N54 (135i/335i/535i/1M/Z4) (http://www.modbargains.com/Cobb-AccessPORT-ECU-Flash-BMW-N54-135i-335i-535i-AP-BMW-001.htm)

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! :thumbup:

mermar
07-03-2012, 07:18 AM

thanks for the feedback! Interesting you give the nodd to Proceed for drivability - that is important to me.
BTW - may be the nicest 535 estate I have seen. What kind of exhaust is that? I would like to ever so slightly give my car an exhaust note. Stock the 535 is almost silent.

Oceans10
07-03-2012, 07:49 AM
Get catless AR Design downpipes. Good for 30-40 BHP and similar torque gain. Makes the engine sound a little throatier, improves responsiveness and eases the strain on the turbos.
This is my next mod once I find the spare cash.

TLO03
07-03-2012, 05:37 PM
thanks for the feedback! Interesting you give the nodd to Proceed for drivability - that is important to me.
BTW - may be the nicest 535 estate I have seen. What kind of exhaust is that? I would like to ever so slightly give my car an exhaust note. Stock the 535 is almost silent.

Drivablity only by a small margin I haven't tried all the stg 1 maps they have a few throttle maps plus I was past stage 1 when it came out.. Cobb got a late start and is starting to catch up, with atr and pro tune I'm sure you could get a custom map better than jb4 or procede just because flashes seem to work better at controlling dme parameters. With the right tuner.

It all comes down to how much power you want and how comfortable messing around in your ecu compartment personally I hate it but I do it because I want the power more. There's was a long list of mods I said I'd never do but I find that list dosen't exist any more.

I say Cobb on this forum because most 5 series guys here aren't going for 400+hp, Cobb is easy and effective, and will someday be to the n54 what they are to subies.

But if you did wanna push it don't mind logging and fiddling around procede and jb4 have autotune map that allow you to add e85, and basically have 360-400 hp with dci's and tune only mods.
If you have the time go over to e90post and read up.. In between the nonsense there is really good info there.

Exhaust is miesterchief , res delete soon . Thank you

booyaazaa
07-03-2012, 07:59 PM
Drivablity only by a small margin I haven't tried all the stg 1 maps they have a few throttle maps plus I was past stage 1 when it came out.. Cobb got a late start and is starting to catch up, with atr and pro tune I'm sure you could get a custom map better than jb4 or procede just because flashes seem to work better at controlling dme parameters. With the right tuner.

It all comes down to how much power you want and how comfortable messing around in your ecu compartment personally I hate it but I do it because I want the power more. There's was a long list of mods I said I'd never do but I find that list dosen't exist any more.

I say Cobb on this forum because most 5 series guys here aren't going for 400+hp, Cobb is easy and effective, and will someday be to the n54 what they are to subies.

But if you did wanna push it don't mind logging and fiddling around procede and jb4 have autotune map that allow you to add e85, and basically have 360-400 hp with dci's and tune only mods.
If you have the time go over to e90post and read up.. In between the nonsense there really good info there.

Exhaust is miesterchief , res delete soon . Thank you

I agree. That is one clean looking AW wagon! :thumbup: