PDA

View Full Version : Ugly warning label on visors

Xena
07-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Does anybody know how to get that ugly warning label of the visor that warns you about the airbags? Mine seems to be painted on it and doesn't look like it's a sticker.

BickUW89
07-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Does anybody know how to get that ugly warning label of the visor that warns you about the airbags? Mine seems to be painted on it and doesn't look like it's a sticker.

Acetone or similar solvent will take it off. Search. Many threads on this. Takes some time, but they do come off.

Xena
07-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Thanks. Figured out how to search here and got to those threads. Nonacetone nail polish or alcohol. Will try it out tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Xena
07-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Thanks. Figured out how to search here and got to those threads. Nonacetone nail polish or alcohol. Will try it out tomorrow.

Thanks again.

NoQuarter
07-02-2012, 09:47 PM

Thanks again.

Be sure to report how it goes for you. Take some pics!

terrystu
07-03-2012, 10:03 AM

Thanks again.

Xena, before you start, I don't think you want to use nail polish. Perhaps you meant "non-acetone nail polish REMOVER"?

Xena
07-03-2012, 10:07 AM
My bad. Meant nail polish remover or alcohol!

ArtchredTTU
07-03-2012, 03:59 PM

Funny you bring this up.... I just peeled mine off the other day.... AND not because I wanted to... Because the 105 heat literally shrivaled the sticker and looked TERRIBLE... It peeled off like butter. But there is a stain now of where the sitkcer was:( I'll try that nail polish... Maybe that will help:cry:

redhotdave
07-03-2012, 05:03 PM
In my paste vehicle, avalanche, I found some stickers online made to cover those with the avalanche logo, they were actually very nice ones and looked really good. I haven't done such for my 535 but probably will soon. Personally I like the sticker option over using acetone on my visors.

I don't have a link, but google should find them if interested.

Xena
07-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Used acetone. It came out perfect. Once it dried you cannot even see the line from the sticker (there was a faint shadow until thoroughly dried)

Thanks guys!

redhotdave
07-05-2012, 06:52 AM
Interesting, maybe I'll give it a shot as well. I've used acetone in the past to remove super glue off of a bumper with great success, but for some reason I thought it might be bad on leather or fabrics.

legend700
07-05-2012, 07:51 AM
Remember, the interior of your car is 4 to 5 years old. Some fading might have taken place and you could end up with areas, the size of the sticker, that are slightly darker than the rest.