PDA

View Full Version : From a 525i to a 535i?

churchill
07-04-2012, 01:48 PM
I'm considering going from my 07 525i RWD to either a 09 or 10 535i with xDrive and had a few questions.

Had the HPFP problem be resolved by the 09 or 10 model year? Is the I-Drive different between the years. Why is the Logic 7 stereo so hard to find? To get Logic 7 must I have NAV also?

Any other issues with the 535i?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

NoQuarter
07-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Don't worry about HPFP anymore. All covered under recall work.

booyaazaa
07-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Bmw has extended the hpfp warranty to 10 yrs 120k miles, whichever comes first. Mine was replaced as part of the cpo process.

Oceans10
07-05-2012, 05:39 AM
The 2010 model has the new iDrive with HD resolution and flash memory that stores Nav info and music etc. The 2009 does not.
Some come with L7 or Nav, they were options so a matter of what the buyer selected before production. I am guessing half have Nav and less than 25% have L7. Based on my own experience when I was shopping for an 08 with specific must have options. hopefully you are willing to travel a bit as these cars tend to get clustered for resale. There are some big outfits in Texas f.ex.

Be aware that the suspension on the Xi is a bit taller than on regular RWD. It performs great in snow, but RWD is the better fair weather ride IMO.

churchill
07-05-2012, 06:25 AM
Thanks for the replies! I was able to get away with RWD for the last few years as I live in western Colorado but travel in the winter months was dicey sometimes. I thought xDrive would be the answer!

Thoughts on CPO vs non CPO? My 525 had no warranty when purchased with 56k on it and I haven't had any issues so far but do I roll the dice again; I am looking for one with less then 30k on it.

Oceans10
07-05-2012, 06:38 AM
Get a 2010 model. You will then have warranty coverage for a couple of years, or up to 50,000 miles. After that you can either go commando or buy a separate coverage.
I recommend the sport seats, really awesome. I enjoy mine every single day. Our wagon does not have them and I wish it did.

churchill
07-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Thanks Ocean! Yes, definitely looking at the 2010's! I'd like to find factory tint also....

churchill
07-22-2012, 06:25 PM
Thoughts on purchasing an 535i 09 with 30k miles or 10 with 42k miles both run very similar prices. I only put about 6k per year on my car so should be able to bring the 10 back inline mileage wise within a couple of years. I guess some would say miles are miles no matter what the year....both have the packages I want...Sport, L7, Cold Weather, Nav.

Oceans10
07-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Go for the 2010 as it has the new iDrive with HD panorama screen and built in nav in harddrive. You also get more warranty coverage. And the Mtech spoiler kit.
Miles don't mean much on these cars. Age and poor maintenance is what causes breakdowns of various components. A good preventive maintenance regimen can give you many years of trouble free driving.

EDIT Sorry, just realized I already replied earlier. Oh well.... I guess I really meant it.

booyaazaa
07-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Go for the 2010 as it has the new iDrive with HD panorama screen and built in nav in harddrive. You also get more warranty coverage. And the Mtech spoiler kit.
Miles don't mean much on these cars. Age and poor maintenance is what causes breakdowns of various components. A good preventive maintenance regimen can give you many years of trouble free driving.

EDIT Sorry, just realized I already replied earlier. Oh well.... I guess I really meant it.

+1

Agreed. The dealer gave me a loaner 2010 car last week and the idrive, screen, and nav was definitely better then the one in my 09.