PDA

View Full Version : headlight covers for my 2004 525i

eleav sirrom
07-04-2012, 01:54 PM
I tried to use a compound to return the lustre to my headlights covers. Other than going to the dealer, what are my options?

borderchris
07-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Compound is not enough- You'll need to sand first, in three stages. Buy the 3M drill kit- It works wonders, and only costs about $20. Once you get a good shine on 'em, there are several clear-coating options available for headlamps.

eleav sirrom
07-05-2012, 02:05 AM
Compound is not enough- You'll need to sand first, in three stages. Buy the 3M drill kit- It works wonders, and only costs about $20. Once you get a good shine on 'em, there are several clear-coating options available for headlamps.

Thanks. I tried a d.i.y method and it didn't last a day. The dealer wants 99.00 (special) and they even tried to convince me to buy a new set of headlights. NOT! I will take the car
to a detail shop or try your suggestion.
I will keep you posted.

eleav sirrom
10-10-2012, 04:57 AM
I went to a body shop where I know the owner and he did them for $20.00 three months ago and they are still looking good. It took about an hour.

CleanE60
10-10-2012, 11:45 PM
Thanks. I tried a d.i.y method and it didn't last a day. The dealer wants 99.00 (special) and they even tried to convince me to buy a new set of headlights. NOT! I will take the car
to a detail shop or try your suggestion.
I will keep you posted.

50 bucks a headlight isnt bad. I paid a friend forty but he doesn't own a business.