PDA

View Full Version : Pulled the trigger on 640i GC today!

640GC
07-05-2012, 05:26 PM
After spending a bunch of hours here in bimmerfest land, we're going to try and order a 640i GC for ED tomorrow.
[its ordered as of Saturday]

Any incentives or credits available for ED? Everything I find requires US delivery.

I think the Cash Required is:
Bank acquisition fees: $725.00
MF (7+1): $8,400.00
Sales Tax @ 6.25%: $5,614.69

Am I missing any other up front costs? Any surprises?

Thanks!

ddk632
07-05-2012, 08:34 PM
I believe there is a Mission To Drive Team USA voucher for $1k that is effective with any other discount, plus a $700 BMW app voucher, which I am not sure of the restrictions.

TexasBMW
07-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Are you buying with Alderson up there?
After spending a bunch of hours here in bimmerfest land, we're

going to try and order a 640i GC for ED tomorrow.

Any incentives or credits available for ED? Everything I find requires US delivery.

I think the Cash Required is:
Bank acquisition fees: $725.00
MF (7+1): $8,087.52
Sales Tax @ 6.25%: $5,614.69
Total: $14,498.00

Am I missing any other up front costs? Any surprises?

Thanks!

640GC
07-05-2012, 11:07 PM
ddk632: BMW App voucher is for existing BMWFS customers only. Mission to Drive is for 2011/2012 models. :(
TexasBMW: That's the plan for tomorrow.

ddk632
07-06-2012, 06:02 AM
ddk632: BMW App voucher is for existing BMWFS customers only. Mission to Drive is for 2011/2012 models. :(
TexasBMW: That's the plan for tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea about Mission to Drive not being applicable to 2013s, that sucks.

640GC
07-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Got my wife's car ordered! A 640i GC in Carbon Black with the M sport package. Ordered full Merino leather to give it that Aston Martin level of finish.

Debating between Opal White/Amaro Brown (like in all of the ads) or Amaro Brown with the Black dash. We're afraid that the white seats in option one will show stains and dirt quickly. Option one looks more custom with the Amaro Brown dash and we would prefer option one. Can we scotch guard the seats to protect it from stains?

Packages ordered are Driver Assistance and Luxury Seating. Options include Bang & Olufsen stereo, Ceramic Controls, Full LED lights and BMW Apps.

We will sign the lease paperwork about 7-10 days before pickup in Munich. I must say, it was a pleasure doing business with Alderson BMW in Lubbock. Very low key and they and I are happy with the deal. So a good win win.

Al Griggs is my sales guy, he sold me my SL a while back and Alan is the F & I guy. They were both so laid back and professional that it didn't feel like shopping at a car dealership, except for the beautiful cars!

Now if I could just find some BMW incentives that would work with ED before delivery!

TexasBMW
07-09-2012, 08:58 AM
A quick story about that white leather:
a 3 y/o child climbed into the first-ever GC I saw, and the seats prompty had Croc's prints on them... when I tried to wipe the dirt off, it just smudged. If you live in an antiseptic environment, or don't mind when things don't look too clean, then the seats are probably OK!

Congrats on that build. The car is absolutely a LOT of fun to drive in the curves when you get it out of the High Plains! Well, you will get to test that in Bavaria...awesome!:thumbup:

Got my wife's car ordered! A 640i GC in Carbon Black with the M sport package. Ordered full Merino leather to give it that Aston Martin level of finish.

Debating between Opal White/Amaro Brown (like in all of the ads) or Amaro Brown with the Black dash. We're afraid that the white seats in option one will show stains and dirt quickly. Option one looks more custom with the Amaro Brown dash and we would prefer option one. Can we scotch guard the seats to protect it from stains?
Now if I could just find some BMW incentives that would work with ED before delivery!

640GC
07-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Wow, bummer about the Crocks! I could so see that happening. We've changed our order to Amaro Brown seats with the Black Dash. Really liked the Amaro dash with the Opal seats but it's a disaster waiting to happen.

Looking forward to taking the bimmer out on the road in Bavaria. We're going to take the Alpine Road South of Munich starting around Bad Tolz headed West towards Lindau. I've heard that the Alpine road East of Bad Tolz is more spectacular than the road West of it so might take a drive over to Salzburg and start from the beginning. The only problem is we only have five days and we were planning to head to Burgundy and then to Paris. Any experience as to which section of the road is best. We would like to spend a day and a half on the Alpine road with time to stop off along the way. Wife would like to visit churches and abbeys along the way. Maybe we put off Burgundy/Paris for another trip.

640GC
07-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Found out today that we don't have a build date yet. We have a production # but the Merino leather kicks the order up to Individual, (even though we didn't order the Individual package).

I've been reading that Individual adds around four weeks to the build date, so our September build will probably be in October. Is that everyone's experience?

Stealth.Pilot
07-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Found out today that we don't have a build date yet. We have a production # but the Merino leather kicks the order up to Individual, (even though we didn't order the Individual package).

I've been reading that Individual adds around four weeks to the build date, so our September build will probably be in October. Is that everyone's experience?

AHarding - this Individual piece is a real pain.

I placed my M5 order in the last week of May for an Sept 1st ED. I got a quote for Individual Full Merino with matching headliner in mid-June, and submitted an updated order June 26th.

I then heard back from them 3 weeks later on July 16th, that they would need to push back my September 1st ED date because of the Individual order because the M-Individual Factory is booked solid. I just got a revised date today of September 14th.

So it basically took them a month to confirm a build date for my car, and pushed back the ED Date 2 weeks.

640GC
07-20-2012, 11:16 PM
AHarding - this Individual piece is a real pain.

I placed my M5 order in the last week of May for an Sept 1st ED. I got a quote for Individual Full Merino with matching headliner in mid-June, and submitted an updated order June 26th.

I then heard back from them 3 weeks later on July 16th, that they would need to push back my September 1st ED date because of the Individual order because the M-Individual Factory is booked solid. I just got a revised date today of September 14th.

So it basically took them a month to confirm a build date for my car, and pushed back the ED Date 2 weeks.

I can live with a two week push back. I'd rather not but it's not a deal breaker.

At what point did you know you had a Sept 1st ED before you added the two week delay?

I think our unofficial delivery date was around the middle of Sept so that would put us at Oct 1st.

Stealth.Pilot
07-21-2012, 07:44 AM
I can live with a two week push back. I'd rather not but it's not a deal breaker.

At what point did you know you had a Sept 1st ED before you added the two week delay?

I think our unofficial delivery date was around the middle of Sept so that would put us at Oct 1st.

I actually had a proper scheduled date because my order was originally placed as a priority 1 Individual order (I.e. the individual options you can place using the configurator). Then I switched it to an "off-menu" Individual order and that is what triggered the reschedule process. Apparently Individual orders involve the car being manufactured in Dingolfing, and then going to the M-Individual Factory for the interior work. So you have to schedule 2 production slots.

Stealth.Pilot
07-21-2012, 07:55 AM
BTW the delays are a huge issue because the temperature goes into free fall from September to October. In the first week of September (our original vacation dates) the temperature in Switzerland is 78-80 degrees. In the third week the temperature is 73-75 degrees. In October it drops below 70. This is why I was willing to accept a 2 week delay, but if it had been 4 week then I would have switched to a non Indvidual configuration.

640GC
07-21-2012, 10:06 PM
So what off menu item combination did you order?

We'd like Heated back seats but it's not available when you order Merino leather. I wonder if it's available?

Temp sure does drop fast. 78 degrees would be perfect, below 70 is going to be a little chilly. Wife likes warm weather.

Stealth.Pilot
07-21-2012, 10:16 PM
So what off menu item combination did you order?

We'd like Heated back seats but it's not available when you order Merino leather. I wonder if it's available?

Temp sure does drop fast. 78 degrees would be perfect, below 70 is going to be a little chilly. Wife likes warm weather.

I would think you can add heated back seats. That does seem odd to me. It's not like the seats are ready made.

The Platinum Merino Full Leather with matching Platinum Alcantara headliner and Piano Trim was the off menu item. The menu only offers extended Platinum as a $5k option, but not full leather.

640GC
07-23-2012, 12:06 AM
So Opal or Amaro is Full, but Platinum is partial? That seems silly.

Stealth.Pilot
07-23-2012, 12:13 AM
So Opal or Amaro is Full, but Platinum is partial? That seems silly.

No on the M5 all Individual leathers are partial, while M Merino leathers are available in full as a Priority 1 option. To get Full Individual you have to pay more. It is silly though.

Priority 1 means standard production line available per customer request.

640GC
09-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Just got back from our European Delivery. Wow, what a blast! Here's the Trip Report (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=645140)

Stealth.Pilot
09-23-2012, 12:31 AM
Just got back from our European Delivery. Wow, what a blast! Here's the Trip Report (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=645140)

Wow. An epic trip. How many miles did you rack up?

640GC
09-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Hi Stealth.Pilot, welcome back. Nice meeting you and your wife at the Welt. I don't recall how many miles we put on the car. It only had two miles at delivery!

640GC
11-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Hey Stealth Pilot. Did you get your vehicle? We just took re-delivery today. Looks like we put on 982 miles on our ED.

Stealth.Pilot
11-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Hey Stealth Pilot. Did you get your vehicle? We just took re-delivery today. Looks like we put on 982 miles on our ED.

We retook delivery on Friday. Our ED trip was 1965 glorious miles.

640GC
11-19-2012, 10:07 PM
Wow, that's a lot of miles. :bigpimp: It was desert pilot I met at the Welt.