PDA

View Full Version : LUFTHANSA fares to BER

devla
07-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Lufthansa is offering fares to BER for $660, with flights routed through FRA but fares into FRA are $850. I have to think it has to do with airport taxes or something else like that but curious if I can book a BER flight and disembark in FRA.

Me530
07-06-2012, 11:35 AM
You could but then your checked luggage would end up in BER and the airline might cancel the rest of your ticket!

neve1064
07-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Berlin is the cheapest destination in Europe, I have found recently. Albeit, not always direct but still very inexpensive compared to Paris, London and Munich. I think it could have to do with the delay of the completion of the new Berlin airport.

Sent from a HTC EVO

b-y
07-06-2012, 03:35 PM
You could but then your checked luggage would end up in BER and the airline might cancel the rest of your ticket!

Yes, airlines often try to inforce the rules about completing the itineray with their own version of "You Can't Go Home Again".

X3 Skier
07-06-2012, 04:41 PM

There is no "might" about the airline canceling the ticket. If they don't catch you immediately, there is a high probability they will eventually find you and blacklist you from further flights.

You might take a train from Berlin to Frankfurt and still be ahead.

Chers