PDA

View Full Version : Fender rolling?

karlallen90
07-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Just curious to see if anyone has done this. I went to a little car meet last night and one of the guys there had an E60 with a 13.5'' or 14'' rear tire on a 20'' wheel. He said he had to roll his fenders, cut out the wheel wells and make adjustments to them. Anyone else ever done this?

rijc99
07-07-2012, 12:47 PM
No. Would personally never consider it. It would completely destroy any resale value the car had. Any pics?

karlallen90
07-07-2012, 03:27 PM
No pics of his, I honestly couldn't tell until I saw how wide his rear tire was and asked how he managed to fit it under there. I'll grab some pics next Friday at the car meet.

TLO03
07-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Well rolling fenders is common practice for the "Stanced" crowd and they make a nice tool to do it. It's just flattening the inner lip of a fender.

Now stuffing a 20x 12"+ wheel in a e60 by removing fender lining is beyond fender rolling. And a wide body kit should be in order. Get pics and find out if he DIY it or had a shop do it. Maybe he just dosen't know how they did it. Or maybe he dose..

rijc99
07-08-2012, 12:17 AM
My guess is old school baseball bat.

karlallen90
07-08-2012, 04:03 PM
He sort of DIY it, his buddy has the tool and a good bit of experience, he said they knocked it out together with him helping when he was needed. He told me he'd do it for $100. I'm thinking about it, car isn't under warranty and by the time I'm ready to get a new car, it'll be worth it just to keep it because I won't get very much for it. I forgot to mention this, he cut his fender wells and what not because he lowered the car a lot.

borderchris
07-08-2012, 04:47 PM
No. Would personally never consider it. It would completely destroy any resale value the car had. Any pics?

Not nearly as bad as it sounds, Rijc- I actually had my e39 done after springs and struts, and it's imperceptible from the outside; it simply puts a gentle curve on the inside wheel well. There is an actual tool for it- It looks like a rubber roller.