PDA

View Full Version : Angel Eye Installation Instructions

uwhusky
07-07-2012, 03:54 PM
I just received my 12W Angel Eyes from Trinity.

I can't find instructions with english language as they install. The stuff on youtube is a guy installing them with no verbiage, just music. The angel eyes I received come with the bulb housing and then some wires I'm not sure I'm supposed to use or how to use them.

I'm on my way now to buy some star wrenches from O'Reilly and am hoping to install these when i get home. Will post pictures if/when I get them installed.

uwhusky
07-07-2012, 05:04 PM
I have no effing idea how this mod is done even with the headlights yanked out of the car.

uwhusky
07-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Sorry folks, posting to myself this Saturday evening. Finally figured it out after mostly trial and error on my part but all is good (hopefully I can reinstall the headlamp OK).

Unfortunately, the most popular videos on youtube for this mod are on older vehicles, which are actually more difficult than on these new e60s. I'll post more later. For now I am trying to figure out where I can put the extra wires and plastic parts that came with the new light.

daniel4x3
07-07-2012, 10:52 PM
http://www.trinityautosport.com/installing-angel-eyes-p-487.html

I'm glad you figured it out!
But for others, the website has instructions :)

uwhusky
07-08-2012, 01:09 PM
The instruction above are not necessary for newer model E60. You don't need to remove the headlight, you don't need a torx wrench, you don't have to remove a bulb to get at another bulb.

You simply unscrew by hand a round, plastic cover then remove the old bulb, install the new bulb and re-screw the platic round cover. Those are the basics but if you know what you're doing, it's about a 5 - 10 minute job.

daniel4x3
07-08-2012, 02:56 PM
In my experience with my own car (2008) there was very little room for me to reach behind the headlight and install the bulb cleanly without getting dust or dirt on the bulb which would reduce the lifetime of the bulb. The lights aren't too hard to remove. The harder torx screws (deep inside engine bay) don't have to be removed completely just enough for the plastic attached to the headlight housing to be freed. Just my take. But it can be done without removing too! :)

Maybe my hands are too fat :/

Either way whatever gets the job done!