PDA

View Full Version : Have my rear lights always been on?

uwhusky
07-07-2012, 05:10 PM
After installing my angel eyes, I started the car, got out and saw that my rear lights were on (not the brake light) just the accented, mostly red rear lights. I put it in neutral and they were still on.

Have these lights always been on when the car is on or did something get tweaked when I installed my angel eyes and now these lights are on permanently?

I was in my garage, perhaps the car senses it's a bit dark and turns the rear lights on?

booyaazaa
07-08-2012, 12:42 AM
After installing my angel eyes, I started the car, got out and saw that my rear lights were on (not the brake light) just the accented, mostly red rear lights. I put it in neutral and they were still on.

Have these lights always been on when the car is on or did something get tweaked when I installed my angel eyes and now these lights are on permanently?

I was in my garage, perhaps the car senses it's a bit dark and turns the rear lights on?

It's probably because you have your headlight switch to position 3 which is auto mode.

Bostoned
07-08-2012, 06:40 AM
How difficult was it to install the Angel Eyes.

uwhusky
07-08-2012, 12:06 PM
I'll answer the Angel Eyes question in my angel eyes thread.

The headlight switch is in the "OFF" position, meaning no lights not even when they're sensored. Can someone check their rear lights after turning their car on when the light switch is turned off and see if their rear lights are on?

Bremen Ben
07-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Go to your iDrive and check if the daytime driving light selection is checked. If your daytime driving light is turned on, both your angel lights and taillights will be on as soon as the car is started.

booyaazaa
07-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Go to your iDrive and check if the daytime driving light selection is checked. If your daytime driving light is turned on, both your angel lights and taillights will be on as soon as the car is started.

Man I knew I forgot something. I turned mine off the other night to install my Cobb. :banghead:

uwhusky
07-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Thanks. That explains it. I have my DRLs on (so I can show off my angel eyes), which explains the rear lights now.

Whew! I was worried something was wrong with my car, yet again. :)

Gilgorm
07-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Totally agree. DRL includes rear tails as well. Can't be turned off in Canada. Now you can be seen coming and going as you blast past.