View Full Version : Struggling With Seat Belts
07-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Guys im in need of some help cleaning my seat belts. I have used AFC, oxy clean, and a steam cleaner. NOTHING seems to work!!! ANY SUGGESTIONS?
07-08-2012, 01:10 AM
For spot stains use a fabric cleaner (303 Cleaner & Spot Remover™)
1. Pull the belts from the retractor and gently close the door on the belt, clean with a Limonene-based cleaner (P21S® High Performance Total Auto Wash) and a med-stiff brush.
2. Allow to air dry before opening the door and retracting the belt. Do not use bleach, strong detergents, or dye on the seat belts as this may severely weaken them and render them ineffective in a crash.
3. Dry vapour steam or a Tornador® are alternative methods for cleaning.
4. Once fabric is dry apply a fabric protection (303™ High Tech Fabric Guard)
5. While you are cleaning the belts, take the opportunity to closely inspect them for damage and security of attachment, ensure here are no cuts, tears or abrasions (you should always inspect for damage etc if they get caught by a closing door)
6. After a while the seat belt mechanism becomes slow and / or will not retract when released. This can be avoided by cleaning the upper anchor; as the seatbelt retracts it leaves behind a film of dirt, which builds up over time. Use compressed air to remove dust and then using a Q- tip and some Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) you can clean the seat belt anchor / retracting mechanism. Once clean add some Plexus Plastic Cleaner to provide lubrication.
Maintenance - clean seat belts with a 5:1 P21S® High Performance Total Auto Wash / distilled water solution, ensure they are thoroughly dried before use
Alternative products – C-28 Seat Belt Cleaner and Spot Remover from PRO® is a non-flammable and non hazardous concentrated cleaner that safely removes dirt, oil, grease and stains from seat belts
Caution: Do not use bleach, solvents or other strong chemicals on the seatbelts as these may compromise the webbing leading to subsequent failure.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.