PDA

View Full Version : For those with Angel Eyes: Where do you "stuff" your extra cables and plastic?

uwhusky
07-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Installed my angel eyes but there is a wiring harness with plastic pieces attached to it (pictured). Where did you stuff these and do you just stuff them in the housing with the bulbs, etc., did you pad it in any way or something else?

booyaazaa
07-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Installed my angel eyes but there is a wiring harness with plastic pieces attached to it (pictured). Where did you stuff these and do you just stuff them in the housing with the bulbs, etc., did you pad it in any way or something else?

With the resistor packs I just put them into the housing. You want to be careful putting padding in the light housing since it gets very hot and you don't want something melting in housing. The packs should be fine just sitting in there unless you are planning to go off roading in your car. :doh:

borderchris
07-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Don't you hate finishing a job and having a bunch of parts left over on the garage floor? :confused:

Kidding, damn it! KIDDING!

Actually... Have any of you guys thought about leaving the high beam covers off, for cooling? It's a fairly water-free area, and my e39 has all those goodies exposed.

booyaazaa
07-08-2012, 05:19 PM
:Don't you hate finishing a job and having a bunch of parts left over on the garage floor? :confused:

Kidding, damn it! KIDDING!

Actually... Have any of you guys thought about leaving the high beam covers off, for cooling? It's a fairly water-free area, and my e39 has all those goodies exposed.

:rofl:

Thats funny. Its not a big deal unless you are rebuilding an engine, hmmm why do I have an extra gasket on the floor? :dunno:
The high beam access hole is on top of the light assemble. On my car I see water spots on the area around it so I probably shouldn't do it.