PDA

View Full Version : Buying my first BMW (CPO 2010 528i) - appreciate any input

tzchar
07-09-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm about the make the plunge into BMW ownership and purchase a CPO 2010 528i with ~17k miles. Plat grey/black with premium/nav/value packages. This will be my first 'luxury' car and be a nice replacement for my beat up VW.

First question - based on a lot of research and negotiation, the price of $34.5k seems fair to me. It's about $3500 over Galves. Any thoughts?

Second - I'm reviewing the service records and had a few questions - would appreciate input on whether any of them are areas of concern.

1. There was a code "Exhaust system, general unpleasant noises" - dealer explanation is that it was a "a minor bracket located by the muffler" and fixed with no problems. This seems ok to me, but does anyone think otherwise?
2. There was a loose quick-release coupling for thick coolant hose about 1.5 years in. Is this common? (havent heard of it a lot for newer cars). If it's happened once will it be a potentially recurring issue?
3. As part of the CPO, there was a "Battery Cable Connection" code. Anyone know what might have caused this?
4. Other than that, it's basically the standard oil/brake fluid changes. One halogen bulb permanently failed but not super concerned with that.
5. Any other issues I should be aware of for 2010 528s?

Thanks - look forward to owning my first BMW and joining the community!

Gilgorm
07-10-2012, 01:38 PM
3. That could be the replacement/inspection of the Battery Cable recall where the cable connector is checked and a grease (like Vaseline) is applied to prevent arcing and potential fire. Over time all E60s will have this recall performed. Was likely performed as part of CPO inspection but make sure anyway.

tzchar
07-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Thanks! Dealer responded that #3 was "Needed a cover to the terminal and some lube..minor things" Sounds like the grease application you mentioned?

All the other things seemed ok so we closed on the deal. Looking forward to taking delivery soon!

tmcd535ixt
07-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Congrats and enjoy your new car!