PDA

View Full Version : Due Dilligence on a CPO

Robert A
07-10-2012, 11:36 AM
I'm looking at 2010 535i's -- never bought CPO before but I've heard of some problems people have had.

So the question is, what due diligence should I perform? I would insist on having the car looked at by my BMW independent, and would request the service history from the selling dealer paying particular attention to the fuel pump issue.

Beyond that, what other measures should I take to make sure the car is as it appears?

hhibmw
07-10-2012, 01:10 PM
I've had two BMW CPO's and both have been perfect. I look the car over very carefully inside and out and ask to see the Carfax and that's been enough. If you have a problem down the road, report it immediately. So far, so good. Good luck.

300zxmuro
07-10-2012, 01:38 PM
I'm looking at 2010 535i's -- never bought CPO before but I've heard of some problems people have had.

So the question is, what due diligence should I perform? I would insist on having the car looked at by my BMW independent, and would request the service history from the selling dealer paying particular attention to the fuel pump issue.

Beyond that, what other measures should I take to make sure the car is as it appears?

If you car is a 2010 whatever it breaks will be covered by the Car Warranty and not the CPO's warranty that will kick in 2014 or 50k miles. The fuel pump it is covered for 10 years or 100k miles. Nothing to worry here neither.
I think you are in great shape.

You can only check what you can see and feel when driving.

My 2008 got it under warrany CPOd. One week after I got it something went wrong with the engine. Something kinda bad. This was not noticed within CPOd inspection because they do not go that deep during the inspection. however all was covered by the car warranty. You do not have nothing to worry about.

Good luck!

Robert A
07-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Okay, what about these kinds of things (shooting in the dark, if you will):

- iDrive or other software updates
- Tip-in, rivability or shifting issues (is this only on the N55, or also the N54?)
- Bodywork