PDA

View Full Version : Error Fault codes

saannto
07-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Hello All,
1. Where is the cheaper place (BMW mechanics) to read the fault code. i went to an independent BMW service guy and he said he will charge 100$ just to diagnose the what the fault is? (im in MONTREAL). Please advice.

I got "Increased Emissions" warning and i also got "GAS CAP has not been closed properly". i then closed the gas cap and the second warming message went away, but "Increased emissions" stayed.

2. shall i try an Octane Booster? my gas is half tank now, or should i wait?

please help me. thanks

NoQuarter
07-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Hello All,
1. Where is the cheaper place (BMW mechanics) to read the fault code. i went to an independent BMW service guy and he said he will charge 100$ just to diagnose the what the fault is? (im in MONTREAL). Please advice.

I got "Increased Emissions" warning and i also got "GAS CAP has not been closed properly". i then closed the gas cap and the second warming message went away, but "Increased emissions" stayed.

2. shall i try an Octane Booster? my gas is half tank now, or should i wait?

please help me. thanks

give it some more time to see if the other warning goes away. Probably all from the gas cap.
Octane booster is no help here

saannto
07-11-2012, 07:48 AM
thank you!

i will wait and see. also could someone suggest a place to check the fault code in MONTREAL? cheap one please