PDA

View Full Version : My Seat Belt Squeaks?!?

uwhusky
07-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Whenever someone goes on a drive with me and sits in the passenger seat with their seatbelt on, I notice the seatbelt squeaks...similar to a taught rope or something else similar. It's not squeak like a mouse but more of an irritating noise.

Anyone else have this problem and found a fix for it? Only thing I can think is I somehow need to lube my seatbelt??

5sireese
07-14-2012, 10:34 AM
I have this noise on my drivers side seat belt. It seems to happen when I take a deep breath with the belt on. Have no idea how to stop it maybe wd40?

mikewebq
07-14-2012, 11:08 AM
I have the same issue with the driver's seat. It appears that the sound is from the seat belt buckle rubbing the seat. I have left the car at the dealership, hopefully it will be fixed.

UltimateDriving
07-14-2012, 03:10 PM
I have the same issue with the driver's seat. It appears that the sound is from the seat belt buckle rubbing the seat. I have left the car at the dealership, hopefully it will be fixed.

I've noticed this from previous generations too.
Out of the 2 E60's i've owned both of them squeak when the seat bealt buckle rubs the seat and i still own an E39 that has the same issue. :p

NoQuarter
07-15-2012, 09:24 AM
How about a leather conditioner on the seat?

Please don't spray WD40 in the car :(
Nor put a solvent on your seat belt strap!

midair
07-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Try rubbing a little paraffin wax on the seat where the buckle rubs. It may do wonders and shouldn't hurt the leather.

j9sstar
07-16-2012, 08:12 PM
I have a simple fix that has worked from day one. I bought a black terry cloth elastic wrist band and slid it over the receiving end of the belt buckle. That rests against the seat and eliminates the noise. Gone for good and not obvious since it matches the buckle.

mikewebq
07-16-2012, 08:41 PM
The dealership installed felt tape around the buckle, I don't hear the creaks anymore. I hope it is does not come back :)

5sireese
07-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Ill try the leather conditioner on the seats, let u know if it works

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Bimmer App

tony925
07-16-2012, 08:46 PM
I have this problem with my driver side seat belt. Apparently if the seat belt buckle is at the right angle it rubs against the the edge of the seat making the squeaking sound. This might not sound like a practical idea for some but you might just try adjusting your seating position to see if that stops the problem. If not then I would try some sort of wrap or "tape" on the buckle to stop the squeak. The third option would be to lose some weight off the gut thereby changing the angle at which the seat belt buckle is under tension but that would be a much longer process. :lmao: