PDA

View Full Version : what shall i do when i receive a used 550i i just bought

AhmadOkda
07-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Hello all,

I am new here , also i am new to the BMW world so please excuse any newbie questions :)

I am from Egypt and i am in the process of buying a 2007 550i, with an odometer = 38k miles, it was sold and used in the UAE and it is being imported to Egypt in the next few days,

the car is checked there in the BMW service center and everything looks perfect, but i was not able to get the list of repairs or services done to the car before

although there are no errors from the iDrive i would like to know the list of parts & fluids to check & change when i receive the car

i am the type of guy who prefer to pay more in caring about my things to avoid the hassle of breakdown and downtime

so please help me to make this list

Thanks in advance

TRS550
07-13-2012, 04:03 PM
I'll recommend what I did when I bought the exact same car. Mine had 34K on the clock. Brought it home, changed the oil, then took it to my Indy mechanic and had them change every fluid in it. Coolant, Brake fluid, tranny, rear diff. All of them.

From then on, oil changes every 5K. All other fluids get changed every 30K miles.

BTW....you are going to love that car. It is a blast to drive.

Oceans10
07-13-2012, 04:30 PM
When you get it we'll have to help you ensure you have the A/C set to maximum cold. Egypt in the summer is no picnic.

AhmadOkda
07-13-2012, 04:37 PM
I'll recommend what I did when I bought the exact same car. Mine had 34K on the clock. Brought it home, changed the oil, then took it to my Indy mechanic and had them change every fluid in it. Coolant, Brake fluid, tranny, rear diff. All of them.

From then on, oil changes every 5K. All other fluids get changed every 30K miles.

BTW....you are going to love that car. It is a blast to drive.

Thought I would need to do that, I thanks for the confirmation
Will need to search for the recommended fluid specs for each part and see what is available here in Egypt

When you get it we'll have to help you ensure you have the A/C set to maximum cold. Egypt in the summer is no picnic.

Wow, didn't know such thing is possible to adjust
But believe it or not this summer has been better than the last year, seems like we are going into a new ice age in slow motion :-)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Bimmer App

AhmadOkda
07-15-2012, 05:48 PM
Another major concern is how to keep the paint as good as possible

It is a black car and will spend all of its time under direct sunlight :-(

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Bimmer App

NoQuarter
07-15-2012, 08:27 PM
I don't know if you get much rain but:

Check the sunroof drains

Replace the sunroof seal

Check the micro-filter area in the cowl for debris that may clog the drains there

Have the battery tested- (if it is original just replace it now anyway)