PDA

View Full Version : 04 530 Aux Port Installation Question

thelhb
07-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Hi guys,

Just purchased an 04 530. I took the car to the dealer to price out an aux port install. Dealer quote was $950 which included a reprogram. Is this something an indie stop can do for a bit less money?

Thanks in advance for the help!

dwlink
07-16-2012, 06:33 PM
See this thread of awesomeness (courtesy of croket)

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519654

You can easily install the aux port and run the wires yourself if you spare yourself a solid afternoon of taking apart the dash (aux port retrofit goes in the glove box).

I would expect the stealership to charge around $150 at most just for a re-program (which probably takes less than half an hour). I believe there's a post in the thread above where someone was quoted $500 for a complete install by the dealership. $900+ is an insult.

pcy
07-17-2012, 08:51 AM
^^ I concur with the above post by dwlink.
I bought the cable on-line, installed it myself. Took the car to dealer for programming. They charged $120. Works flawlessly. Wires from the new cable need to be removed and inserted in to the plug - make sure the wires are fully inserted and then lock the plug.

HAWKG
07-18-2012, 08:35 AM
I have added the aux retrfit to my 06 530xi. Cable switching is a must. Let the stealership reprogram the CCC. Some CCC's die after they get reprogrammed. This should be a BMW recall, but they won't admit to a computer flaw. Let them burn it out so they can replace it. Cost to replace the CCC can be north of $600. Good luck. The aux retro is a nice/necessary upgrade.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Bimmer App