PDA

View Full Version : Roadside Assist

CT535ix
07-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Owned two BMWs since 2000 and for the first time had a flat and needed BMW assist so hit the magic button to see would happen.

After pleasantries to make sure I was ok and collected info, they said someone would be right to me to help. Sure enough, within 15 mins someone was. Trouble is, he had no better luck loosening lugs nuts than I had, and said I'd need to call BMW back for permission to tow to a nearby Firestone dealer to have them pneumatically loosened.

2nd call to BMW. Oh no, no free tow to Firestone, only to a BMW dealer 10 miles away. It's 6.30pm now, I ask if the service dept. is still open there? Whoops, no...but if it's towed to Firestone I pay.

Tire's nearly flat, it's 93 degrees and humid. Just came from a wake.

Tow truck guy says the Firestone is 1/2 mile up the road. I filled the tire, drove it to Firestone - where they got the flat off and the spare on and didn't charge me.

Score 1 Firestone, 0 BMW Assist.

On my way home (65 mile drive) BMW called to make sure everything was taken care of. What a hilarious conversation that was!

borderchris
07-16-2012, 09:00 PM
My question would be... who the hell overtorqued your wheels so badly in the first place? Did you check the others? When it's that bad it can cause a variety of issues with brakes and hubs...