PDA

View Full Version : 2010 528i Key unlock failure

tashi
07-17-2012, 01:28 PM
This happened to me twice in the last 3 months. Non Comfort Access key. I drove the car and parked somewhere. Went out for an hour... came back to the car and none of the buttons on the remote are working. Pulled the metallic key and manually opened the car and started the car. Got home and tested again and the key works. Any ideas why? :rolleyes:

jamie75
07-17-2012, 02:19 PM
my guess is the battery in the remote. if I recall the remote charges while plugged into the car.

suthtow
07-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Still in warranty. See if dealer will replace key under warranty.

Sent from my C771 using Bimmer App

tashi
07-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Still in warranty. See if dealer will replace key under warranty.

Sent from my C771 using Bimmer App

Yes, car is still under warranty and have a oil change appointment on friday, will mention to the dealer. Thanks.

JOE Stik
07-30-2012, 05:25 PM
What was the outcome when you took your car to the dealer and mentioned the problem with the key?

toxic_bimmer
07-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Had a similar issue once, the reason though, was quite unusual. I once went to a dealer to check something, parked the car in front of the office but couldn't lock the car, the key just wouldn't work. turned out that there was a military installation around that area that was jamming the key frequency. My experience may not be relevant, but just sharing.

tashi
08-22-2012, 12:54 PM
What was the outcome when you took your car to the dealer and mentioned the problem with the key?

So I mentioned this issue to the dealer and he told me that I should always lock the car when I park in the garage and to remove the USB thumb drive and iPhone charging cable when the car is parked. He thought that my car's battery is used when the car is not locked as the car wakes up regularly to check its systems and then sleeps and that uses the battery. :dunno:

I will just have to wait till this issue appears again which i think it will.