PDA

View Full Version : Removable cup holder

jplev
07-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Quick question on the removable cup holder on center console. Is there a designated storage place for this if you remove it and don't wish to use it?

investor27
07-19-2012, 09:14 AM
No designated storage space. You can put it in the glove compartment or elsewhere.

speedracerf4i
07-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Sure there is. Underneath the armrest. There is a compartment with a slot so you can position the cup holder and still retaining its use.
I remember seeing a review on youtube.

tim330i
07-25-2012, 09:25 AM
Quick question on the removable cup holder on center console. Is there a designated storage place for this if you remove it and don't wish to use it?

In the center console there is a dedicated spot for it. Took these pics while test driving the 2013 X1 just for you :)

http://www.bimmerfest.com/gallery/2013-BMW-X1-xDrive35i/medium/2013-BMW-X1-xDrive35i-102.jpg

Bimmerfest.com BMW X1 Driving Review (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=635240)

I'm not a fan of the way the cup holder hangs off the side like that, but at least they did make a nice storage spot for it when you're not using it.

Tim

X1blue
08-05-2012, 04:37 AM
I'm not a fan of the way the cup holder hangs off the side like that, but at least they did make a nice storage spot for it when you're not using it.

Tim

the only thing is that you loose storage space, something which is surprisingly at a premium in a car this size!! The glove compartment get filled with the BMW manual..

vanzos
03-17-2013, 03:08 AM

My 2012 328i holder goes in the glove box in a net that is mounted to the top. Not exactly convenient to change it unless parked.

3284me
03-17-2013, 05:24 AM
the only thing is that you loose storage space, something which is surprisingly at a premium in a car this size!! The glove compartment get filled with the BMW manual..

I keep my manual in a storage space made for it in the trunk. I believe in the X1 there is a compartment with a net inside the hatch area for owners manual storage.