PDA

View Full Version : E60 LCi angel rings not turning on

Sharif5
07-19-2012, 02:05 PM
I may be acting a little silly but I have no idea what is going on with my lights. I have a 2008 525d LCi version and basically when I turn on my side lights only the eyebrow light (orange) turn on and my rings don't. I have been told it may be the setting in the Idrive but I have had no luck in where it may be if it is that!! Has anyone had a similar problem or know of what it may be?

Oceans10
07-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Maybe both bulbs are fried. Are you getting error codes in the dash? Have you set the headlights to auto on the left side switch?

Sharif5
07-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Maybe both bulbs are fried. Are you getting error codes in the dash? Have you set the headlights to auto on the left side switch?

I am not sure if they are fried as I am not seeing any errors on the dash. Its the same wether I put it on auto or switch number 1 (side lights). It's so frustrating but I am going to try change the bulbs to see if it may be it but really want to get the white bulb rather then the standard yellow rings and my garage guy is finding it hard to get to the bulb too

1naztyx5
07-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Well if with your parking lights on the AE's dont come on and no error, there may be a problem, i dont know if having them off in iDrive will cause them to be off completely but to get to that menu just do the following

-Hit menu
-press iDrive control to get to main Menu
-Select "vehicle/Tyres"
-lightning
-select DRL on

Hope this helps.

Sharif5
07-20-2012, 12:29 AM
Well if with your parking lights on the AE's dont come on and no error, there may be a problem, i dont know if having them off in iDrive will cause them to be off completely but to get to that menu just do the following

-Hit menu
-press iDrive control to get to main Menu
-Select "vehicle/Tyres"
-lightning
-select DRL on

Hope this helps.

The funny thing is the only options I have under the lighting in idrive is 1. Triple signal, 2. Daytime running light (which again only works with eyebrows), 3. Welcome light and the timing for it. Nothing with an option of DRL. Is that something that should be there that isn't or is there a programming problem that can be rectified by the dealers? Thank you guys

Sharif5
07-20-2012, 01:27 AM
Please ignore my last message, as you can see I'm really new into the new systems as I have always been driving e36 and e46. As I have mentioned DRL don't seem to turn my rings on. Sorry for my dumbness

Sharif5
07-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Is there anything else I can do or check?

1naztyx5
07-20-2012, 07:06 PM
do you have projector headlights? put a pic of your car up lets see it .

Sharif5
07-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Yeh it does have the projector. The pictures from my garage when I have freshly painted the car.

Sharif5
07-20-2012, 07:14 PM
do you have projector headlights? put a pic of your car up lets see it .

This picture may be a better quality.

karlallen90
07-21-2012, 06:37 PM
My angel eyes wouldn't turn on, I pounded the head light gently but sort of hard and then I wiggled some of the wires behind the light. They came on and haven't had a problem since. I do have pre lci lights though, doesn't hurt to try.