PDA

View Full Version : 05 530i Brake Sensor Problem - Not resetting

2wheels>4
07-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Hi all,

I've done about two days of Googling and have come up empty handed - for the most part. So here's the situation.

I've owned my 530 w/ SP for around 8 months now. Love it! The rear brake warning came up a while ago, so I figured since I have no idea last time the brakes were done I'll change them. No big deal. I did it on my last E42.

Order parts from AutohauseAZ, rip off pads, they're still good. Sensor hasn't even been touched yet. Wiring was in tact and no abnormalities. But I figured since I ordered the parts, for my own peace of mind, I'll do it. Change rotors and pads and put in a new OE sensor. Go to reset the light and it went from -4,000 or so to -15,000. I've tried to reset it probably around 20 times. Disconnected the battery for around 2 hours and retried another 5 times to reset. I also checked brake fluid level, it's good. Probably change it once my brother gets back in town. Light is still on. You guys are my last resort.

What answers and advise can you offer? Thanks in advance!

2wheels>4
07-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Oh, forgot to mention that the work "Brake" is always illuminated on my dash. Even though the E-brake is off!

2wheels>4
07-20-2012, 09:28 AM
So I got under there again today. I though I had a genuine BMW sensor, but I figured, what the hell? Went to BMW and got their sensor, problem solved. Moral of the story, just buy the right part from the beginning and don't frustrate yourself.

06530IDAN
07-20-2012, 04:50 PM
+1

I changed my rear brake rotors, pads and sensor last week with BMW genuine parts. After the first try, brake light turned off and gave me 31,000 miles. :thumbup:

So I got under there again today. I though I had a genuine BMW sensor, but I figured, what the hell? Went to BMW and got their sensor, problem solved. Moral of the story, just buy the right part from the beginning and don't frustrate yourself.