PDA

View Full Version : New BMW owner

Singhe60
07-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Hello fellow bimmer owners,

I am new to this forum and to bimmers. Love my 08 528i!

Couple questions though, first when in idle I feel a vibration and vibrating noise, is this normal? Sometimes louder than others but when I accelerate it is no more.

Also when I am at a complete stop, then release the brake I sometimes feel a slight jump, any insight on what this may be?

If this is covered in other threads pls let me know, I tried searching but no luck.

Thanks in advance!!

///Mariani
07-20-2012, 01:06 AM
Welcome. Is the noise comming from inside the cabin? If so, could be a loose panel or somthing. Turn your car on in your drive way and search for the cause of the noise. Not sure what the jump could be.

MrKB2U
07-20-2012, 02:31 AM
I had a similar issue (slight jump after releasing break). There was some recall work to be done for my 08 535 xi. Might want to check with dealer.

l1tech
07-20-2012, 06:34 AM
There is a bulletin out that address a vibration. It has to do with the exhaust hanger that bolts to the rear of the transmission. I had the same problem as you are experiencing, unfortunately I had to tell the BMW dealership about the bulletin after they tried telling me there was nothing wrong with the car.

gmcclintock
07-20-2012, 07:24 AM
My wife's car been doing the same thing, do you guys have any more information on this bulletin?

Singhe60
07-20-2012, 09:16 AM
I am taking the car to the dealer this weekend. I will reply to this thread with updates..

bimmerstien
07-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Congratulations! I'm sure it can be corrected. Did you buy it as a Certified pre-owned BMW?
If not buy an extended warranty package.