PDA

View Full Version : New Key Wont Work

jdavid044
07-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Hello!!

I have a 2006 525i I lost all of my keys and had to purchase a new key at the dealer, now the new key won't work on the ignition, works on the doors not on the ignition.

Service advisor said someone had to replace the cylinder which I doubt but they guy was being an asshole and didn't want to help me at all. I wonder if this could be the case or I should speak with a manager ?? I was starting the car with the broken key using a screw driver and placing the sensor next to the igniton and now it stopped working.

Thank you guys in advance for the help..

suthtow
07-23-2012, 05:18 PM
I would replace the ignition lock cylinder keyed to the car. Your old cylinder could have been worn, and with the new key would not work. Once lock cylinder is replaced you should be good. Unless the sensor ring is now bad.

Sent from my C771 using Bimmer App

borderchris
07-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Service advisor said someone had to replace the cylinder which I doubt but they guy was being an asshole and didn't want to help me at all.

...I was starting the car with the broken key using a screw driver and placing the sensor next to the igniton and now it stopped working...

:rofl:

The SA's stating that you needed to replace the cylinder was him trying to help you.