PDA

View Full Version : Clicking sound

Thegame6752
07-24-2012, 12:04 AM
Folks,
I have been noticing a clicking/ticking sound under the car on the passenger side by the engine while it's running. Not sure what it is but maybe some of you have had the issue.

NoQuarter
07-24-2012, 12:54 PM
Folks,
I have been noticing a clicking/ticking sound under the car on the passenger side by the engine while it's running. Not sure what it is but maybe some of you have had the issue.

If this is for your 535 might be wastegate rattle but you have to provide more information about when it makes the noise, when it does not, are you moving, stopped?, etc.

Thegame6752
07-24-2012, 04:58 PM
I have only noticed it when the cars not moving and yes for my 535I. Haven't really payed attention while moving.

tc07BMW530xi
08-13-2012, 11:48 AM
I have only noticed it when the cars not moving and yes for my 535I. Haven't really payed attention while moving.

Yeah I'm having the same problem with my 530xi as when the engine is started, the clicking sound can be heard from the passenger side more so than the driver's side. It's is obviously more pronounced when the car is in idle position than when running. Anyone have any clues as to what this could be? Thanks.

UltimateDriving
08-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Yeah I'm having the same problem with my 530xi as when the engine is started, the clicking sound can be heard from the passenger side more so than the driver's side. It's is obviously more pronounced when the car is in idle position than when running. Anyone have any clues as to what this could be? Thanks.

Based on your profile you own a 530iX MY 07 so it probably means you got an N52 engine, early N52 engines were known to have a design problem with the cylinder head which caused some LOUD ticking noises specially when the engine was cold.

I know because i used to own a 525i MY 07 with the same N52 engine and that ticking noise was really annoying for such a car, ended up getting rid of it, although it never had any problems. :p