PDA

View Full Version : My trip

phlfly
07-24-2012, 09:26 AM
So I just came back from my vacation trip. I did just over 2000 miles on my BMW 550 from Leesburg VA to Montreal - Quebec city - Mount of Washington in NH - Maine - NY city - Phila and back home. Took couple pictures on way to different destinations. So all trip got me 26 mpg avg on computer. I did quick calculation actual fuel I was putting into tank and got same number. But road had different terrain. So understand better I will try describe my trip.
I drove thru the West side PA using 81 to 84 to 87 (most mount road), then to Montreal where drove a little in downtown, then drove to Quebec city (it's flat, I did little more city driving), then took RT73 to RT108 to RT257 (even had 25 km of gravel road) and crossed a boarder to NH at RT3. Amazing RT3 took me thru mountains right to White mountain. Of course I drove to Summit point at first thing (then next day took a hike there around 12 miles). Couple days later after see sight around and hiking, I took 302 down to Maine and right to that place http://www.fiveislandslobster.com/ and tell you what a lobster. Then 95 to NY city Manhattan, my friends has a condominium right on 7 ave near Madison sq garden. NY is a beauty, but different kind. This city is alive 24 hours a day. Then went Brooklyn to see other friends, and saw a crazy race right on Emmons Ave while we were eating, so M6 and M3 were turning on Emmons Ave (from Ocean Ave, I think) at speed I guess 60 to 70 mph, even M6 went small slide and this was Sat when a lot people. Then I went Phila and did a lot city driving. So all considering 26 mpg was absolutely good for big V8.
Enjoy pictures.

For coffee lovers: The best coffee shop in Quebec city. (second pic)

phlfly
07-24-2012, 09:36 AM
More pictures: New Hampshire is so beautiful, even I was thinking to move in, if they had more jobs for my skills. The river and lakes have absolutely clear water so you can drinking , but recommended as animal drinking from this rivers.

phlfly
07-24-2012, 09:45 AM
and one more:

Campfamily
07-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Sounds like a great trip, that is some beautiful country up there.

Curious about your fuel mileage, and your observation that your calculated mpg matched what the computer told you. I keep a record of every fillup, and calculate mileage each time. Sometimes I reset the on-board computer, sometimes I let it go for several tanks. I have found that, over the 27,000 miles I have put on my car that the computer reads 2 to 3 mpg higher than actual.

Keith

phlfly
07-24-2012, 01:58 PM
I guess if you are driving on hwy then it seems to me it's close to actual, but city driving is messed up. I guess avg speed is dropping slow, so computer gives more error.

BMWFAN275
07-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Sounds like a great trip. I will likely follow your route from CT to Quebec, down through NH and Maine some day soon. Unfortunately, this year I need to use a 767 as my vacation vehicle, kind of hard getting a 535i to Rome. :)