PDA

View Full Version : Paint Sealant vs. Carnauba Wax

aungmaw
07-24-2012, 10:47 AM
I have heard paint sealant lasts longer than wax! Any comments?

NoQuarter
07-24-2012, 12:50 PM

It does indeed. I like to use both

aungmaw
07-24-2012, 02:56 PM
Do you apply wax after sealant?

bikerdib
07-24-2012, 03:08 PM
'I had a sealer applied to my paint through the dealership (gives me a warranty against tree sap, bird droppings, etc.) but a week or so later I applied Meguire's Deep Crystal polish. Really made the paint look wet. Meguire's Deep Crystal is intended for and works very well on dark colors. I contacted the maker of the sealer that was put on at the dealer and he said there would be no problem using anything available to the public on top of their sealer (excepting anything abrasive of course).

Munich77
07-24-2012, 05:13 PM

Yes the synthetics in sealants stand up better than most waxes (collonites being the exception).

SoLucky
07-24-2012, 05:22 PM
I use Klasse which is an acrylic sealant. It's far less work to apply than a wax and lasts 6+ months. Looks great too, giving nice depth. Plus it's a German product!

Ramsey Barnette
07-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Yes it does. I use Meguiars NXT wax in the liquid form. Great results. I like it because I drive in the city and deal with lots of contaminants and would rather have the "just washed" look last a few extra weeks. The carnauba wax still gives a "deeper" showroom shine because it's sitting on top of the paint instead of "bonding" like the synthetic wax does.

NXT Wash & Wax Kit: http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-NXT-Wash-Wax-Kit/dp/B0012ZITCS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343177157&sr=8-1&keywords=NXT+Meguiars+Kit

karlallen90
07-24-2012, 07:41 PM
I just did my car the other weekend. I did a test though. I washed, clay bared, then went straight to the nxt wax as it said no need for polishing but doesn't hurt. I wasn't to satisfied with the wax alone. Last weekend we did the 335 with all the same steps, we just added a step with the paint polish before the wax. My car is red, you see more on it, easier to give that "depth" too but just by using the polish it made his car look a lot better then mine. His car is that graphite gray color by the way and he had more depth and shine. BTW if you've never heard of clay bar and your car is a few years old, learn about it and do it. Makes the cars paint feel like glass.

TLO03
07-24-2012, 08:46 PM
I went crazy buying every new best product when I first bought the wagon, now I have shelves full of stuff, some gets used more than others. What I found out is....It's what works best for you and what you work with best. I have done the Pepsi challenge with a lot of products bottom line is us car guys do more than most car owners anything we do is better than no wax.. (sorry fo the mini rant)

To answer the OP's question yes sealant last longer than carnauba.. Sealant are usaually synthetic and carnauba is a natural substance.. Think plastic vs. wood. Like quarter I like both.