PDA

View Full Version : Bridgestone RE970AS

mybmw5
07-24-2012, 02:18 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the Bridgestone RE970AS on their car? I currently have the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus with 40K miles on them and need to replace them. I do like the Michelins but wish they had better dry weather handling. I live in Boston and need an all-season tire.

yahtzee
07-24-2012, 06:18 PM
I have them and like them just fine overall. Ironically, I was on a back country road today and thought to myself how I wish I had the stock tires on my 550i M-SPort. They definitely dont handle the same but they are fine for what you are after.

Ramsey Barnette
07-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Check out the Continental ExtremeContact DWS. They are the better tire for wet/light snow than the Michelin or Bridgestone. You've already got one of the better dry handling tires in the all-season category.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=147

CT535ix
07-24-2012, 07:55 PM
I just replaced my 535xi tires with Continental Extreme Contact DWS's. Really outstanding ride, great bad weather handling.

alex_msu
07-24-2012, 08:45 PM
I have had Continental Extreme Contact DWS's for almost 3 years now, they replaced OEM Dunlops summer tires when I just got the car and have lasted me over 45k miles. Snow traction is excellent within 4-5 inches of snow.

johnniek
08-07-2012, 02:01 PM
I bought a CPO 2009 528iX in April. I've only put 1000 miles on it so far, and I've been reading the reviews on the Goodyear RS-A tires that came with my car...they were brand new when I bought the car. After reading the reviews on the tires, I'm not sure if I want them on my car, however I'm doing mostly (90%) highway driving, and I don't need UHP tires. I was thinking of Grand Touring such as the new Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus that just hit the streets...supposed to be quiet, good in wet, and save fuel (LRR). Would any of you guys care to chime in and help me make a decision? Also, I hate to take a beating on the Goodyears..sell them perhaps? EBAY? I wouldn't try to make a killing on them either.....any help guys???