PDA

View Full Version : Daytime Running Light error

Luku26
07-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Hey guys I recently replaced my halos with LED bulbs and I'm getting a 'Daytime Running Light Error', the lights work fine and did not burn out however the error still comes up. Not sure if I did anything wrong when installing them but I looked up numerous tutorials on this forum and others and followed them. Is there a way to clear this code, or did I miss anything? any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

suthtow
07-24-2012, 06:38 PM
The resistance in the led lights are different than regular bulbs. You can get the led lights with built in resisters to keep your car happy. Basically your car monitors the resistance your lights have. When one light goes out, the resistance changes and the car tells you that a light is out. Can't turn the light out indicator off till you fix the led resistance. Talk to the company you got them from they will help you out. Should

Sent from my C771 using Bimmer App

DJtoad
07-25-2012, 12:52 PM
I've got Lux H8's and even though they were advertised as "error free" when I purchased them, I would still get occasional warning messages that would last for 10 to 30 seconds. Lux has since changed their website to include a footnote stating that some E60 models may generate warning messages. I ended up coding my car and eliminating the daytime running light bulb check.

kevin10
08-09-2012, 12:47 PM
and how exactly did ended up coding your car and eliminating the daytime running light bulb check. Is there something that you can do on your car or you have to take it to a BMW tech?

DJtoad
08-09-2012, 02:03 PM
and how exactly did ended up coding your car and eliminating the daytime running light bulb check. Is there something that you can do on your car or you have to take it to a BMW tech?

You can do it yourself with the correct cable and software. It's not difficult but it's a bit intimidating the first time. Check out the coding forum here or at bmwcoding.com. The alternative is go the the regional forums and try to find someone in your area willing to do it for you.

booyaazaa
08-09-2012, 09:04 PM
I had the same error issue with my lux after about a month of use. I contacted lux, there were very helpful and friendly, and they had me send them my lights for repair. The turnaround was quick, about 5 days since I did FedEx 2 day to them. To my surprised they replaced the lights and for the past 2 weeks I haven't had any error codes pop up. You should contact them since they warranty them for 1 year.

DJtoad
08-10-2012, 01:09 PM
I had the same error issue with my lux after about a month of use. I contacted lux, there were very helpful and friendly, and they had me send them my lights for repair. The turnaround was quick, about 5 days since I did FedEx 2 day to them. To my surprised they replaced the lights and for the past 2 weeks I haven't had any error codes pop up. You should contact them since they warranty them for 1 year.

Lux definitely provides A+ service. I hope they stay error-free and Lux now has a fix, but the " ***Please Note - certain E60 5-series models may produce 'bulb out warnings'" disclaimer is still up on their website. If you think about it, please follow-up with an update in the next 2-3 weeks.