PDA

View Full Version : AUX In ?

BayAreaE60530i
07-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Hi Guys, I did some searching but couldnt find the answer specific to what i was looking for. I own a 2004 530i, and to my understanding, there is no way to connect my AUX cord to the car so I can play music off my iphone, correct?

Another this is that a buddy of mine mentioned that the BMW dealership will install an AUX input for about $150? I can easily call the dealer and ask for a quote, but i wanted to get some insite from you all before i did that. Thanks :thumbup:

Kamdog
07-25-2012, 02:15 PM
I have an aux in in my car, but I barely use it. It is a PITA to keep messing with my iPod while I drive. Maybe I just need more discipline with my play lists, but I thought it would be more useful than it turned out to be.

gcvt
07-26-2012, 01:37 AM
I bought my car CPO and the original owner had an iPod connector cable installed in the glove box, apparently. It works with our iPods but not with our iPhones. I like that we have it, but in iDrive, songs are listed individually...not by artist or genre...so finding a song is a lengthly process.

txag_530i
07-26-2012, 06:30 AM
Hi Guys, I did some searching but couldnt find the answer specific to what i was looking for. I own a 2004 530i, and to my understanding, there is no way to connect my AUX cord to the car so I can play music off my iphone, correct?

Another this is that a buddy of mine mentioned that the BMW dealership will install an AUX input for about $150? I can easily call the dealer and ask for a quote, but i wanted to get some insite from you all before i did that. Thanks :thumbup:

You can install the AUX input in your car.

AUX DIY (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5885917#post5885917)

If you can get a BMW dealer to install and program the option for $150 then by all means do it! Most of them will charge you $300-400 for the installation and programming. The cheapest way to do it is install the part and do the programming yourself. If you don't want to do the programming then install the part and have an independent shop or dealer program the car.

Jaycal3
07-26-2012, 07:50 AM
Your car is an 04, like mine, and the only option as explained to me by indy sound shops and the dealer was to have an aux input retrofitted due to the fiber optic system.

As for playlists and stuff, I use my Aux Input pretty exclusively and love it. I have a 120 gig Zune and also use Pandora Radio on my iPhone so something is constantly plugged in. I drive at least 2 hours daily in commute alone.

boramkiv
07-26-2012, 08:34 AM
You can install the AUX input in your car.

AUX DIY (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5885917#post5885917)

If you can get a BMW dealer to install and program the option for $150 then by all means do it! Most of them will charge you $300-400 for the installation and programming. The cheapest way to do it is install the part and do the programming yourself. If you don't want to do the programming then install the part and have an independent shop or dealer program the car.

Indeed!! I installed my AUX jack myself, and routed it inside my armrest. I told the dealer I just need it programmed and they still said $300 with no guarantee the modules will be safe. So if you can get a stealer to do it for $150, dont hesitate and Ill probably be there too.