PDA

View Full Version : LUX H8 V3 Angel Eyes

TALEI1
07-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Anyone out there have the LUX H8 V3 installed on their 2009 550i? Just wondering cause I was going to order them although I noticed that they have a note saying that it "might" trigger bulb out error messages for the E60 models LCI 2008 and up.

Anything plug and play that's better than the Lux H8 V3?

300zxmuro
07-25-2012, 06:19 PM
look around there are many posts about this subject

TALEI1
07-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Believe me I have and not found anything that talks about the LUX H8 V3 FOR THE 550i application

booyaazaa
07-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Believe me I have and not found anything that talks about the LUX H8 V3 FOR THE 550i application

It's an e60 series possible issue. I have the lux and like how they look. I did have to send mine back to lux last month due to error codes being thrown (bad resistor pack). Lux's customer service was great and they were quick to get me another set of lights.

Dann902
07-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Anyone out there have the LUX H8 V3 installed on their 2009 550i? Just wondering cause I was going to order them although I noticed that they have a note saying that it "might" trigger bulb out error messages for the E60 models LCI 2008 and up.

Anything plug and play that's better than the Lux H8 V3?

I have had the LUX H8 V3 on my '09 550i for about 4 months and I have had no error messages UNTIL it hit over 100 degree weather here in Stockton for a few days. I had bulb out errors going on for 2 days. It did not occur too often but I would get the signal saying the left DRL was out, then nearly 30 seconds later it goes away and we're back to normal then the signal for right DRL was out comes on. It didn't even happen with each time I drove either. Then once the temps got down into the 90s and lower I no longer had the error codes. The LUX must not like the extreme heat. I have not had any more problems since then. When I purchased the LUX I asked them about possible error codes for the '09 e60's and they mentioned that there have been some reports but not always occurring. They said if I had problems I could return them. So, like I said I had error codes but were very short lived and seemed related to extreme hot temperature(in weather). I really like the LUX and I think it is worth the price as they are bright and as far as I know one of the best aftermarket angel eyes. They are bright enough during the day to notice. They are not as bright as the OEM angel eyes on newer BMWs but they are visible and not too straining to the eyes in my opinion. Despite the error code I am going to keep them as it seemed to be an isolated instance. They are fairly easy to install too. I hope this information helps.

TALEI1
07-26-2012, 08:45 AM
Dann902- Thanks for the reply, good to hear from another 550i owner that has already tried them. So i guess it's not too bad and it only seems to be happening during high temperature days, i guess could put up with that...Maybe I will just try them and go from there and if they don't bug too much I will keep them as well.

TALEI1
07-26-2012, 10:14 AM
Are the MTEC H8 better than the LUX ? It seems like they are brighter...

DJtoad
07-26-2012, 12:38 PM
I don't think there's any difference whether it's a 550i or another E60 LCI model. Not all LCI E60's get occasional errors but some do and I, unfortunately, fall in the latter category. It's not that big of a deal but it can get annoying at times since the errors seem to come in spurts. I would get no errors for a week or two and then all of a sudden get multiple errors for each light within a short 20-minute drive. It's not heat-related, at least in my case, since it happened both in the summer and winter. I ended up coding my car to turn off DRL bulb checks to solve the problem Some people add cheap Ebay load resistors to solve the problem but they can get very, very hot and actually burn or melt any wiring that comes in contact with the resistor heatsink.

TALEI1
07-26-2012, 05:35 PM
I actually finally pulled the trigger on the MTEC H8 angel eyes from E92 lighting, decided not to go with the LUX, seems like the MTEC are brighter and from what e92 lighting told me it does not produce any error codes, hope they work out! Will install them next weekend...

Dann902
07-26-2012, 07:53 PM
I actually finally pulled the trigger on the MTEC H8 angel eyes from E92 lighting, decided not to go with the LUX, seems like the MTEC are brighter and from what e92 lighting told me it does not produce any error codes, hope they work out! Will install them next weekend...

Good luck. I hope it works out for you. Post an update on the MTEC

TALEI1
08-02-2012, 01:18 PM
So I installed the MTEC's and I am not happy at all with them. The daytime visibility is terrible and you cant even see the outer rings. Been trying to return them to E-92 lighting although have not heard anything. Hopefully they respond soon otherwise I will never deal with E92 lighting again..

jim165
08-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Actually, that looks pretty good considering you are taking the pic in the middle of the day with the sun overhead! Try taking the pic again further away and lower and I bet you will see the outer rings then. You can also try twisting the lights within the sockets to get better light alignment? I'm considering these lights myself...

booyaazaa
08-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Definitely try the twisting for the alignment piece. Also step back about 20' and look at the lights. When you are as close as you are the outer rings will be very dim. Here's what the lux looks like though.

TALEI1
08-03-2012, 05:18 PM
So i fnally got a response from E92 lighting and they are willing to take the MTEC's back for the Lux. Will have to send them back next week and then try those instead. I just wish the LED's would be brighter in sunlight..

booyaazaa
08-03-2012, 05:43 PM
So i fnally got a response from E92 lighting and they are willing to take the MTEC's back for the Lux. Will have to send them back next week and then try those instead. I just wish the LED's would be brighter in sunlight..

Unfortunately only the hid upgrade or going the orion route will be really bright during the day.

TALEI1
08-03-2012, 08:00 PM
it seems that way... wish it wasn't so complicated, might have to do the upgrade in the near future. Even the stock bulbs seem brighter in day. The only difference is at night pretty much.

booyaazaa
08-05-2012, 06:33 PM
it seems that way... wish it wasn't so complicated, might have to do the upgrade in the near future. Even the stock bulbs seem brighter in day. The only difference is at night pretty much.

I just reinstalled my lux after they swapped mine out and there are no error codes. :roundel: