PDA

View Full Version : Cal-tex experiences or opinions?

d geek
07-26-2012, 10:04 AM
Has anyone here used any of these products or dealt with this company? Just curious if they are legit. Thanks.

http://www.ctpc.com/products/

Cal-Tex Protective Coatings, Inc.

Products:

EnviroGuard NG™
EnviroGuard NG™ incorporates the latest advantages of nanotechnology and water-based protection, conforming to the latest environmental compliance standards; demonstrating our support of green initiatives.

ResistAll® EnviroGuard
ResistAll® EnviroGuard™ is our foundational interior and exterior protection product line, offering excellent value and protection.

Theft Protection
Automobile Theft Protection™ (ATP®) and ShadowMark® are products that help deter the theft of your automobile.

Windshield Protection
ResistAll® windshield protection incorporates nanotechnology to provide protection from rock chips that can easily crack or damage your windshield.

dboy11
07-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Any time I see a company make a statement that there protection product will last 7 years I have suspect of it.

Most of those are scams IMO not saying that the don't work but certainly not any better than a good sealant.

d geek
07-26-2012, 11:30 AM
That's my initial reaction too. I'd like to see more detail about the process.

I'm looking at this as a potential place of employment and wanted to know what reputaion the products have by car enthusiasts.

dboy11
07-26-2012, 02:37 PM
That's my initial reaction too. I'd like to see more detail about the process.

I'm looking at this as a potential place of employment and wanted to know what reputaion the products have by car enthusiasts.

The application on most all of these they have a product for a prep stage where all product is removed from the clear coat. Then the protection is applied much like a sealant with a foam pad. I've been to dealerships and seen how this is done.

In most all of these they have a guarantee but you have to have the car maintained either with a kit they provide or bring it back to the place that applied it.

So that said there is no one application that would last 7 years without maintenance. If that's the case then a good sealant applied twice a year will do that at a faction of the cost.