PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problem in 528xi 2008

5sireese
07-28-2012, 09:14 PM
My a c turns on by itself. I shut it off and it keeps turning on after a few minutes. What could this be?? Also sometimes I go to raise the volume but it lowers it instead, only does it once in a while. Just had a new battery put in by the dealer.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Bimmer App

2chill
07-28-2012, 10:43 PM
My a/c does the same thing. If the interior is a certain temp, the a/c keeps turning on low right after you turn it off. I think it's a BMW thing to keep you from getting drousy. Get used to it.
My radio volumn went low once or twice also when I went to raise it. Some kind of bug in the system. Get used to that also. The gremlins of owning a BMW...

manvee1
07-29-2012, 11:16 AM
a/c having mind of its own...mine does that too. I'm now used 2 it. No volume issues yet though.

NoQuarter
07-29-2012, 08:38 PM
My a c turns on by itself. I shut it off and it keeps turning on after a few minutes. What could this be?? Also sometimes I go to raise the volume but it lowers it instead, only does it once in a while. Just had a new battery put in by the dealer.

how are you turning it off?

5sireese
07-29-2012, 08:43 PM
I turn the middle knob of the 3 knobs above cd player to the left until it there's no orange light lit up.

NoQuarter
07-29-2012, 08:45 PM
I turn the middle knob of the 3 knobs above cd player to the left until it there's no orange light lit up.

try turning it twice - it is a 2-step process to turn it "off".

1) All the way counter-clockwise turns it to low
pause-pause
2) Turn it counter-clockwise again to turn it off

5sireese
07-29-2012, 08:48 PM
Oh ok thanks man never new you had to turn it twice.

2chill
07-29-2012, 09:48 PM

Sounds like he's doing it the right way. I turn my knob to the left, pause and turn it again and the light goes out, but it still comes back on again at various times. I noticed if it's hot in the car it happens alot. But if it's cool, it rarely happens if at all.

boramkiv
07-30-2012, 08:28 AM
Do you guys know if the temperature adjustment knobs are touch sensitive? I know mine is a pre-LCI, but when I hit the off button it shuts the system off. I can merely adjust one of the temp knobs to activate it. One time all I did was touch the temp knob and the system came on and I tried it like 3 more times and it worked. Of course I can't get it everytime, but it seems as if they are that could be an issue as well.