PDA

View Full Version : Center Guage Information

McDaddyGolf
08-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Ok, just bought a 2008 535i and love this car.... But, I'm having issues with the information screen between the speedometer and tach. I've noticed at times it reads different information each time I start the car. This is the information under the "D" for drive (not the total miles or the reset milage) One time its reads distance in KLM, then it will detail how many miles I can go till empty, then MPG, and now reads nothing.... I know this is long winded, but any suggestions. Thanks:dunno:

etnav382
08-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Look on the (I believe) upper stalk on the left side and there should be two slightly smaller buttons on there. The top (I think) cycles thru the info you just mentioned. I would be more detailed but I'm too lazy to go outside and look to be specific, but its in that general area.

GeorgeT
08-04-2012, 06:43 AM
The top button displays the date and time; the lower button cycles through "miles-to-empty (or kms), avg. mpg (kmpg) and avg. speed.

Rebound X3
08-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Ok, just bought a 2008 535i and love this car.... But, I'm having issues with the information screen between the speedometer and tach. I've noticed at times it reads different information each time I start the car. This is the information under the "D" for drive (not the total miles or the reset milage) One time its reads distance in KLM, then it will detail how many miles I can go till empty, then MPG, and now reads nothing.... I know this is long winded, but any suggestions. Thanks:dunno:

I've had the same problem - sometimes when I got in the car the mileage was displayed in km instead of miles, and the MPG was displayed in KPL.

I don't have a reason as to why, but I "fixed" it by setting it to km/KPL and then resetting it to miles/MPG.

Again, I have no idea why it changed (no, I didn't hit the button), and I don't know if it'll do it again. Sorry not to be more help. :dunno: