PDA

View Full Version : Are dogs allowed at bimmerfest east?

Pete_repete
08-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Just like the title says, are dogs allowed?

Pete_repete
08-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Does anyone know?

pix335i
08-06-2012, 10:19 AM
As long as the dogs are on a leash and you clean up any mess they might make, I don't see it being a problem.

Pete_repete
08-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Ok thanks

Capobranco
08-07-2012, 09:57 AM
My German shepherd dog and I are inseparable. Last year, I did not bring my GSD to Bimmerfest East, and it was absolutely the correct decision. Late August means bright sunshine and hot temps. The venue offers little shade and very little grass. Moreover, your dog will spend most of the day on hot asphalt if he tours about with you looking at cars. If temps are anything like last year, I would be afraid that your dog might suffer heat stroke. If I had to bring my dog, I would park in a strategic place where I could set up a beach umbrella or some other protection from the sun, and absolutely bring lots of water and ice - last year there was only one vendor selling water and the line was crazy. BTW even though I wore a hat and sun screen - I got a sun burn last year.

Pete_repete
08-07-2012, 12:45 PM
My German shepherd dog and I are inseparable. Last year, I did not bring my GSD to Bimmerfest East, and it was absolutely the correct decision. Late August means bright sunshine and hot temps. The venue offers little shade and very little grass. Moreover, your dog will spend most of the day on hot asphalt if he tours about with you looking at cars. If temps are anything like last year, I would be afraid that your dog might suffer heat stroke. If I had to bring my dog, I would park in a strategic place where I could set up a beach umbrella or some other protection from the sun, and absolutely bring lots of water and ice - last year there was only one vendor selling water and the line was crazy. BTW even though I wore a hat and sun screen - I got a sun burn last year.

Thanks I have a pitbull so he has short hair however he does get hot. I plan on bringing a cooler and lots of ice. I have no option of leaving him at home because I am driving down to south carolina after the show (I am coming from ny). The umbrella is a good idea and I am going to get him some little booties to put on his paws to protect from the hot pavement.