PDA

View Full Version : Dramm shut-off valve issue

Ilovemycar
08-06-2012, 08:19 PM
I bought this after the wholehearted recommendation from the good folks here, and it's been a great thing the whole time, but now after maybe 9 months or so . . . It's not sealing off right, and I'm getting an unwanted little spray shooting out sideway from it, I believe right next to the hose. There might even be more than one spray coming from it, don't quite recall.

I never inspected the innards before, but now I see there is the silver ball valve, sandwiched on either side by a white plastic ring. Does anyone know if there was supposed to be some sort of rubber washer in there perhaps? I'm just trying to figure out what went wrong before I possibly order a new one (or just go back to turning the water on/off repeatedly).

Also, the valve's on/off lever seems to now move way too easily now. I'm pretty sure there was more resistance to its turning on/off, if that might help you help me diagnose my issue.

My two Gilmour quick release connects are still fine of course, and when I looked up the old thread where I was given the Dramm rec, I see that it's because it allows full flow (whereas Gilmour's version is restrictive). Well anyway, thanks for any tips!

Revelation19
09-22-2012, 09:14 PM
I've used my Dramm a lot, and have not had a similar experience. The only issue I've had is that the screw which holds the shut-off handle became loose, but I re-tightend the screw and all is good.

Oh, my Dramm was not sealing right one time. I discovered that the connection to the hose's quick release was loose. Took some pliers and tightend the connection, all good now too.

Hope this helps.