PDA

View Full Version : What color X1 did you order?

the_fox
08-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Just curious which colors will be popular. I had to pool the 2 blacks and 2 whites together due to limited # of poll options...

HotRodW
08-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Le Mans Blue over Sand Beige.

Tony411LA
08-09-2012, 10:06 PM
What about Black Sapphire?

Reedo302
08-09-2012, 11:03 PM
It's a toss-up right now between Valencia Orange and Alpine White.
Getting the Sport Line. Actually like the look of that better than the M Sport.

the_fox
08-14-2012, 07:46 AM
I would love to see some side-by-side comparison pics between the blues, but it's unlikely a dealer will stock them at the same time...

the_fox
09-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Any new orders lately? Don't forget to add yours to the poll...

afshawnt
09-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Alpine White/Black. I haven't seen one in person, but from pictures, the AW M-sport looks great.

kychungkevin
09-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Midnight blue look so good in person! Good enough for me to drop $550 to order that instead of Alpine White!

mabrahams
09-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Alpine White/Black. I haven't seen one in person, but from pictures, the AW M-sport looks great.

I ordered the same setup. Picking it up at PCD in Oct. Can't wait..

wcinvest
09-11-2012, 02:12 PM
I went with the Alpine White since I like the color and admittedly I'm somewhat frugal/cheap and didn't want to pay more for a metallic color. I went with the black interior since I thought beige would show too much dirt. (If I could have gotten a red interior without buying additional packages, I may have splurged for that and gone with a black exterior)

If all of the colors were the same price, I probably would have gone for the midnight blue but if I was just going to be leasing the car, I may have tried out the Valencia Orange.

lovemygsp
09-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Mightnight blue :thumbup:.
I love the orange but would be afarid of standing out too much. And what's with this car having so many blue/black/white shades but no reds?

the_fox
09-12-2012, 07:03 AM
Yes, that's strange. They did have it in Vermillion Red pre LCI, maybe it didn't sell well? I think it looks gorgeous: http://e84.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=430023

lovemygsp
09-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Yes, that's strange. They did have it in Vermillion Red pre LCI, maybe it didn't sell well? I think it looks gorgeous: http://e84.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=430023

I really wanted the vermillion red too. :cry:

AzNMpower32
09-12-2012, 06:45 PM
I've seen the X1 in Alpinweiß and tested one in Midnight Blue. I don't particularly care for the former, I think the Valencia or other brighter colours suit the more "athletic" demeanour of the vehicle.

htlevine
09-14-2012, 08:04 AM
There are two whites now right? a metallic mineral white, and the alpine white. I got the metallic mineral with black leather interior

kjboyd
09-14-2012, 08:39 AM
i really wanted the vermillion red too. :cry:

+1

Drbarb
09-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Replacing my 2007 Black Sapphire X3 with a 2013 Black Sapphire X1. I love it, and it never seems to date the vehicle.

investor27
09-17-2012, 03:49 PM
Mine is Mineral Grey, and my wife absolutely loves it. Just came back from a retreat meeting, and everyone who walked by said how rich and beautiful the color was. Black and White colors are nice as well, and would have been my next choices after Mineral Grey.

itznfb
10-05-2012, 04:12 PM
We ordered one in Marrakesh Brown and took delivery Wednesday night. It's a gorgeous color and one of the most original colors I've ever seen.

mullini
10-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Wow Midnight Blue is tied for first with White - and I guess it would be in first if White was split between Mineral and Alpine...of course it is a small sample. For me it is ironic because initially I ordered Mineral Grey but I changed it to Midnight Blue before it went into production. It seemed like everywhere I looked I saw not only BMWs in Grey but a ton of other colors. So I switched to the Blue so I wouldn't get lost in a sea of gray/silver cars....also why I wouldn't want Black or White...

Looks like I'll be waving at my share of other Midnight Blue X1s!

stary
10-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Looks like I'll be waving at my share of other Midnight Blue X1s!

That might be a while - I STILL have yet to see another X1 on the road, much less one that color!

lovemygsp
10-06-2012, 09:52 AM
When we picked ours up yesterday our dealer had 4 other x1's in midnight blue. It was very strange. Luckily we live 45minutes away so we probably wont see a twin anytime soon.

mullini
10-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Looking around at So Cal BMW inventory for X1s, most Midnight Blues I see are the 35. Anyway, obviously there are very few on the road at this point in the US. Give it a year or so...

the_fox
10-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Looks like a lot of dealers have exactly the same Midnight Blue 35i configuration for $46,995 (xLine, Terra Leather, Premium, Technology). I wonder if this config was pre-configured and pushed by BMWNA as a demo...

lovemygsp
10-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Looks like a lot of dealers have exactly the same Midnight Blue 35i configuration for $46,995 (xLine, Terra Leather, Premium, Technology). I wonder if this config was pre-configured and pushed by BMWNA as a demo...

We visited 3 dealers one as far as 250 miles from the other and they all initially got a white 28i and the decked out 35i. I believe those were the first demo cars sent. Funny enough at all 3 dealers the decked out 35i had yet to sell almost 2 months later. (I was watching inventory closely whole waiting for our car to come in.

the_fox
10-06-2012, 11:09 PM
I was surprised to see midnight blue doing so well in the poll. Maybe the fact that it's not very common (only available on the 6 series I think) makes midnight more desirable than deep sea? :dunno:

It does have very nice hues though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-dFBxV-gOE

:thumbup:

mullini
10-07-2012, 09:27 AM
Edmunds has a Search Inventory feature that shows colors available, up to 500 miles from whatever zip is entered. From my LA area zip, these are the colors available as of this morning in descending order:

Alpine White 47
Jet Black 35
Midnight Blue 16
Mineral Grey 16
Mineral White 15
Valencia Orange 14
Black Sapphire 13
Glacier Silver 12
Deep Sea Blue 6
Cashmere Silver 4
Sparkling Bronze 4

Marrakesh Brown is apparently nowhere to be found 500 miles from LA...Anyway it will be interesting to check those numbers in 2-3 months, when more inventory should be available on dealer's lots.

rsauber
10-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Mineral White Metallic!

Beamerboi
10-10-2012, 08:01 PM
I guess im the only Valencia Orange pimp !:bigpimp:

lovemygsp
10-10-2012, 08:14 PM
I guess im the only Valencia Orange pimp !:bigpimp:

Its a great color! I'm too much of a chicken to stand out that much though. Kuddos to you! :thumbup:

rajeshchand
10-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Alpine White looks fabulous after a wash and polish and sparkles in the night under lights, it is a pleasure for the eyes.

faustas
10-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Did Mineral Grey lose its charm over time?
I almost thought that's the "standard" BMW color that would get a lot of attention.

mullini
10-11-2012, 02:28 PM
There's such a small number of X1s in the US at this point, even smaller actually on the road. Let's give the X1 a few months, even a year, and then see what the color preferences are. I bet they follow what one sees for most BMWs now. At least for me, I see a lot of black, white, silver/grey. In fact, that's what I see for all cars, not just BMWs. I think the Mineral Grey X1 is very handsome and I ordered it initially, but I changed to Midnight Blue just because I've never owned a blue car and because blue overall is one of those colors a little easier to pick out quickly in a parking lot.

In the end, it's what's under that paint we are all going to enjoy the most...

ildial
10-11-2012, 06:44 PM
I got Valencia Orange, picked it up two days ago.

Beamerboi
10-11-2012, 09:53 PM
I got Valencia Orange, picked it up two days ago.

:beerchug::beerchug: PICS,,,,,, I'll show you mine if I can see yours....

mullini
10-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Just read a small article in the LA Times on car colors in the US for 2012. 22% white; 19% black; 20% silver; 9% red; 7% blue; 2% green. This is from PPG Industries's automotive coating division.

Numbers are actually a bit higher for white and silver in Europe or Asia, according to the article.

One interesting detail: for "luxury cars," gray makes up as much as 33%. Not sure why percentages for gray aren't also included for the general survey. In LA at least grays seem to me almost as common as silvers.

mismaloya
10-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Putting my order in this week. Leaning towards Sparkling Bronze over Jet Black- check it out
https://www.google.com/search?q=bmw+x1+sparkling+bronze+metallic&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=F098UJPQC4LI0QHa8YDwCQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=672#biv=i|4;d|PvA2XyftyRDnUM:

mullini
10-15-2012, 12:30 PM
I was curious so I went to the PPG Industries site and found this:

"In North America, white ranks first (21 percent), followed by black (19 percent), silver and gray (16 percent each), red (10 percent), blue (8 percent), natural (7 percent) and green (3 percent).

In Europe, white is also most popular (23 percent), followed by black (21 percent), gray (17 percent), silver (13 percent), blue, natural and red (7 percent each), other colors (3 percent) and green (2 percent).

In the Asia Pacific region, silver and white tied for most popular (23 percent each), followed by black (19 percent), natural (10 percent), red (9 percent), gray (8 percent), blue (7 percent) and green (1 percent)."

So as I read that, in the US almost 3/4s of all cars are white, black, silver or gray....much the same for Europe and only a little different for Asia, where red and "natural" sneak in ahead of gray.

I assume "natural" is a beige/light gold color, like the X1's "Cashmere Silver"...

the_fox
10-29-2012, 06:51 AM
Based on local dealer inventory, those color percentages seem pretty accurate. If most people voting in the poll are taking deliveries off the lot then the numbers are expected to match in the long run. We'll see...

X1-tahoe
11-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Only 3 other mineral grays out there. Just ordered mine last week.

nospam
05-14-2013, 10:16 AM
Bump

nospam
05-14-2013, 10:21 AM
I'm shocked that Markarresh Brown leads Sparkling Bronze!

annoyingmouse
05-14-2013, 12:51 PM
I ordered alpine white. I was very tempted by Le mans and valencia, but I don't enjoy paint maintenance (claying\polishing) as much I did in the past, so I went with the safe (non)color.

zoomlens
05-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Sports Line - metallic mineral white with black leatherette

s205designs
05-16-2013, 07:57 PM
I've been thinking very hard of purchasing an X1 and the topic of color has come up with my wife many times. We both really like the grey but one thing I've been weary of is how easy a grey car can blend into asphalt. They look so sharp but I'd be afraid of someone on their cell phone not looking carefully and pulling out in front of me or something like that. Any of you experienced something like this or are my fears unfounded?

Thanks,
J

zibawala
05-16-2013, 09:28 PM
I've been thinking very hard of purchasing an X1 and the topic of color has come up with my wife many times. We both really like the grey but one thing I've been weary of is how easy a grey car can blend into asphalt. They look so sharp but I'd be afraid of someone on their cell phone not looking carefully and pulling out in front of me or something like that. Any of you experienced something like this or are my fears unfounded?

Thanks,
J
It is a small car, so light color looks good, to not make it look even smaller.
I drove a orange one and have seen new blue, look peppy.

edman
05-17-2013, 05:54 AM

Thanks,
J

Small sample size (I've only had the mineral grey X1 for two weeks now), but I haven't had any issues with other drivers not noticing me. I do have it setup to keep the daytime running lights on.

Love the mineral grey, but would have gone for the valencia orange had my wife note vetoed that color as too flashy.

redsoxx1918
05-17-2013, 05:59 AM
I've got the deep sea blue with Terra interior. I think it's an awesome combo. I've seen a Valencia Orange on the road and I do like it.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app