PDA

View Full Version : WTB: ACS trunk/grill emblems

PCDawg
05-07-2002, 11:05 AM
I was wondering if anyone here has any authentic ACS trunk or grill badges that they want to sell as i am interested.

TIA

Kaz
05-07-2002, 11:27 AM
Geeze, TD, what's your problem?

eugeneDC/TX
05-07-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by TD

Excuse me?

not wanting to put my nose where it's not welcome. the link you provided doesnt come up so maybe he thought you were posting a fake url to poke fun at someone looking for badges...

Kaz
05-07-2002, 11:41 AM
Not that you probably give a rats ass, but its stupid little things like this that has at this point dissolved any sense of respect I once had for you...

I hope its worth it.

eugeneDC/TX
05-07-2002, 11:41 AM
in that case he probably thought someone posted the listing in the wanted section without looking for someone to comment on what he or she wanted. regardless, i think rebadging is crap as well. rather, i think misbadging is crap (unless you are going down levels).... btw, tom, every time i see one of your posts i get jealous, seeing that sig pic of you zipping around the track in your car...

Plaz
05-07-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Kaz
Not that you probably give a rats ass, but its stupid little things like this that has at this point dissolved any sense of respect I once had for you...

I hope its worth it.

:yikes: :dunno:

Mr. The Edge
05-07-2002, 11:48 AM
How do we know he doesn't have ACS stuff? Do the badges automatically come with brake handles/wheels etc? I honestly don't know...

Kaz
05-07-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by TD

What is the Kaz-approved opinion to have re: adding badges for stuff you don't have? I thought this was pretty universally condemned.

And you somehow came to the conclusion that the person isn't as 'pimped-out' as, say, Clem on ACS from:

WTB: ACS trunk/grill emblems

I was wondering if anyone here has any authentic ACS trunk or grill badges that they want to sell as i am interested.

TIA

:dunno:

Its THIS sort of conclusion-jumping criticism about various kinds of pointless things over the last few months that's brought me to say what I did.

PCDawg
05-07-2002, 01:25 PM
Did i say something wrong guys???

I mean I have several authentic ACS products in my car, the pedals and the chromed e-brake handle and plan to get the front bumper and rear bumper add-on. Places around my place are selling the badges for about $38 US each.

I've seen some forums with ppl getting rid of them perhaps buying Hamann or RD, i dont know. I'm just asking around to see if i can pick up a good deal on them that's all. :dunno:

Im not someone that will just stick things on just so people think i have them.

cgoodwin
05-07-2002, 07:51 PM
This place has them for $11, personally I think they look "boy racer" but then again I would not have an aluminum hand brake or "carbon fiber" shifter, or fuzzy dice or a light up Jesus on my dash board either. I have always leaned toward the clean lines and having the flashy bits only where it needs to be, but if it makes you happy have your 17" rims chromed and paint a big stripe on it, hell if you came to my shop I'd do whatever you paid me to do - might not want to be seen on the test drive but......

ASC makes some nice bits but unless someone pays me I do not feel the need to advertise for them. As far as putting badges on when you don't have the products...Who really gives a %&$@!

Some people need to get out more!

http://www.pro*************/store/displaycategoryproduct.cfm?pcategory=Accessories&psubcategory=Badge-Emblems

Plaz
05-07-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by cgoodwin
This place has them for $11, personally I think they look "boy racer" but then again I would not have an aluminum hand brake or "carbon fiber" shifter, or fuzzy dice or a light up Jesus on my dash board either. I have always leaned toward the clean lines and having the flashy bits only where it needs to be, but if it makes you happy have your 17" rims chromed and paint a big stripe on it, hell if you came to my shop I'd do whatever you paid me to do - might not want to be seen on the test drive but......

ASC makes some nice bits but unless someone pays me I do not feel the need to advertise for them. As far as putting badges on when you don't have the products...Who really gives a %&$@!

Some people need to get out more!

http://www.pro*************/store/displaycategoryproduct.cfm?pcategory=Accessories&psubcategory=Badge-Emblems

YEAH! :thumb:

Smashingly good bimmerfest debut there, Chris! :D