PDA

View Full Version : cabon black X5 4.4i, worth the extra $$?

eelnoraa
06-20-2004, 07:29 PM
Hi, I am currently in market for x5 4.4. I found one at my local dealer that has the options I want and color I want. (Black on black), but then I found out that the black exterior is something call "Cabon Black", it is a special order color, cost $2700. Do you think it is worth to take this color? Actually all I want is Black Saphire or even Jet Black, but it is hard to get the right options with these color

Dealer give me $3000 discount, is this something reasonable, or good deal?

eel

'Cane
06-20-2004, 08:30 PM
Only you can say if it is worth it to you. IMO, not worth it, I would kill for a carbon black M3, but it is not extra $$. At least you know it would be rare.

Vonhasch
06-21-2004, 04:15 AM
Sounds like a personal preference. I wouldn't pay $3,000 for a paint job even though it does look great :thumbup: and it makes the X5 distinct. You should check resale value on X5's with the special paint and see if it makes any difference :dunno: . Of course if you plan on keeping it for a while what's an extra $3,000 on a $60,000 SAV.

benathon
06-21-2004, 09:05 AM
My dealership only gave me $800 off, so I think you're getting a better deal then I am.

Does anyone have a picture of the cabon next to the other black?

hugh1850
06-23-2004, 09:08 AM
I think Carbon is more of a very deep and dark blue. I wanted Carbon on my ZHP but my SA said I couldn't. Neither one of us, I suppose, were educated about BMW's Individual program. $3000 is pretty high though...

embrau
06-28-2004, 08:05 PM
IMO Carbon Black is the best looking BMW color and the only one I would consider paying extra for. I believe it is an M only color. I have seen it on both the M3 and M5 and it is stunning in person. Depending on the light it can appear black or dark blue. But that is a fairly hefty fee and would only do it if you love the color. Who cares if it is unique if you don't like it.