PDA

View Full Version : My X1 35i (with pics)

Beamerboi
08-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Ok guys you will never believe what happened. I got the call that my x1 was on the lot and being prepped so I run down to see the car and BANG!

I back into a BMW loaner car due to the car was in my blind spot as x6's have real bad blind spots and one of the major reasons I'm downsizing...to the x1

The irony is it was in front of the BMW collision centre LOL DId some damage too but that is what insurance is for and my very first accident ! A few min later I saw my new X1 being parked as it was in the service building.

No paddled shifters on the M wheel you must tell your sales rep when you order.

Here are a few pics with the iphone I will pick her up @12:00 tomorrow and have better pics.

HotRodW
08-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Looks great! I really like those 19" wheels, but they just don't make sense for me up here in Michigan for multiple reasons. I'm still completely baffled by the paddle shifter deal. My paperwork and online order detail both indicate my M Sport was configured with paddle shifters. The mood at the dealership will turn ugly pretty quickly if my car arrives without them (if it ever ships, that is). It also makes me wonder ... why on earth didn't your CA ask if you want them?

Beamerboi
08-22-2012, 05:45 PM
Looks great! I really like those 19" wheels, but they just don't make sense for me up here in Michigan for multiple reasons. I'm still completely baffled by the paddle shifter deal. My paperwork and online order detail both indicate my M Sport was configured with paddle shifters. The mood at the dealership will turn ugly pretty quickly if my car arrives without them (if it ever ships, that is). It also makes me wonder ... why on earth didn't your CA ask if you want them?

I can almost guarantee they will not be added unless you told your rep but this is all new as per my rep.

Teleskier
08-22-2012, 06:40 PM
why on earth didn't your CA ask if you want them?

It sounded from my CA that every M car with M steering wheel comes with paddle shifters. There is only the one choice - M steering with paddle shifters.

However it sounds as though a BMW corporate decision threw a curve to the folks in the field, by not only offering TWO types of steering wheels for the X1 MSport, but then also making the new "without paddle shifters" version be the default.

I bet the majority of experienced sales folks in the field never saw this coming, since it is both new (having two M wheel choices) and is unique to only the X1 (which itself is new).

OP: Sorry to hear about the minor accident but your X1 looks sharp. I like the 19" wheels. Looking forward to more pics...

Beamerboi
08-22-2012, 06:44 PM
It sounded from my CA that every M car with M steering wheel comes with paddle shifters. There is only the one choice - M steering with paddle shifters.

However it sounds as though a BMW corporate decision threw a curve to the folks in the field, by not only offering TWO types of steering wheels for the X1 MSport, but then also making the new "without paddle shifters" version be the default.

I bet the majority of experienced sales folks in the field never saw this coming, since it is both new (having two M wheel choices) and is unique to only the X1 (which itself is new).

OP: Sorry to hear about the minor accident but your X1 looks sharp. I like the 19" wheels. Looking forward to more pics...

I never have used them on my past 3 BMWs and mini cooper no big deal really but I did think I t came with the M package as stated on the site. My rep was puzzled too.

Here is what it will look like when I get the windows tinted I did it in photoshop. Im really liking it now!

the_fox
08-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Glad you're getting it so soon! Are you trading in your X6? Will they take it before it's fixed or do you have to wait for the repairs now? How much over invoice are you paying?

vic
08-23-2012, 03:57 PM
Beamerboi,

Congrats on the new X1! I'm really curious about the sport suspension on the M Sport models. Have you had a chance to take the X1 out on some bad, potholed roads (I know, hard to find in SoFL)? What are your impressions?

I was strongly considering getting the M Sport, but am worried about the ride quality. I find my current 335xi to be unforgiving on the roads up here and want a more compliant ride. At the same time, I'm sure the M Sport does wonders for the handling, and maybe the suspension travel is enough to soften the ride. The downside of the X1 base suspension is that it tends to oscillate when pushed through turns.

What's your take on the M Sport ride quality?

Teleskier
08-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Here is what it will look like when I get the windows tinted I did it in photoshop. Im really liking it now!

That does make it look more aggressive.

I had tinted windows on my past 3-series. I liked it, but was also hassled and threatened with a "no pass" every year at inspection time, and was given a hard time by cops. Might be a MA state thing. I'd have to think twice about doing it again.

Does look sharp though!

Beamerboi
08-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Ok guys I just got in and HOLLY MOTHER TRUCKER!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

This little orange rocket will ^&(&*^(&^(!! FLY

Im in-Love with BMW all over again as this drives like I like a car should drive.
Im not a technical car person so for give me but I LOVE IT!

First a had a rattle sound in the centre of the stereo while going down HYW but it stop for now. Other than that It's a dream.

I ended up with 1200.00 off the sticker with the 300.00 app off first payment and 750.00 rebate
I was ready to get out of the dealership and drive!

Ill have pro pics tomorrow:thumbup: