PDA

View Full Version : Back seat size specs?

lovemygsp
08-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Hi all,
We are looking to find a dog crate to fit in the back of a s28i x1. I was wondering if anyone knows the width of a "40"(40/20/40) seat when folded down or where to get the specs? If anything I need to know the distance between the middle seat when up and the door. I'm trying to pass a crate through it so that we don't have to take it out all the time. Thanks for any help!

Teleskier
08-23-2012, 06:41 PM
I'd simply go to the dealer with a X1 with my dog crate.

tim330i
08-23-2012, 08:19 PM
BMW doesn't publish enough details to answer that question. A Bimmerfest member might be able to give you the measurements but to be sure I would take Teleskier suggestions and head to your local dealer.

Tim

jsrisagar
08-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Without wanting to spread any negativity, the rear seats are quite cramped. I am 6'1" and after I had adjusted the front seat to be just about right (Mind you, it wasn't roomy or anything) I got down and tried to get in the rear and lo! Super Cramped up. Pretty tight. There is no way, you'd remotely feel like being seated in a SUV!

lovemygsp
08-25-2012, 09:33 AM
Yea, I asked because our dealer sold their demo and wasn't getting another one for a few weeks. We ended up at a different dealer who did have one. I gotta admit, the back seats are smaller than I remembered/thought. A dog crate is going to require the middle down too.

As jsr said, I wouldn't want to be 6'1'' in them but they are fine for us who wanted this for more storage room than a car. We hike and camp with our dogs all the time(pretty much their marketed audience..uhh guess that one worked ;) ) and were sick of driving a sedan. We weren't buying back seats for having adults or kids in constantly. Although I did run through the WORST CASE scenarios for us and I do feel its high enough and large enough that if you did have kids, carseats would be way easier to deal with in an x1 vs a car. Keep in mind I'm 5'4'' too... ;)

zibawala
08-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Yea, I asked because our dealer sold their demo and wasn't getting another one for a few weeks. We ended up at a different dealer who did have one. I gotta admit, the back seats are smaller than I remembered/thought. A dog crate is going to require the middle down too.

As jsr said, I wouldn't want to be 6'1'' in them but they are fine for us who wanted this for more storage room than a car. We hike and camp with our dogs all the time(pretty much their marketed audience..uhh guess that one worked ;) ) and were sick of driving a sedan. We weren't buying back seats for having adults or kids in constantly. Although I did run through the WORST CASE scenarios for us and I do feel its high enough and large enough that if you did have kids, carseats would be way easier to deal with in an x1 vs a car. Keep in mind I'm 5'4'' too... ;)

Guys! How are u comparing with F30 as far interior room is concerned? and Mini Suv?

brkf
08-25-2012, 02:42 PM
I do feel its high enough and large enough that if you did have kids, carseats would be way easier to deal with in an x1 vs a car. Keep in mind I'm 5'4'' too... ;)

I would disagree with this. The F30's backseat is actually roomy - far more space than the X1 for a rear-facing seat. Yes it's lower but as I used a rear-facing carseat in my 335i e90, I'm positive the much larger F30 will easily swallow my next kid's rear-facing seat. X1...no. Like the X5 it's got some height but there's little distance between the seats.