PDA

View Full Version : General Feelings on X3 from Owners

mswaz
06-23-2004, 09:31 AM
Can I get a the general feeling and likes dislikes and any problems people have had with their X3.

I am thinking of purchasing one and am curious about the owner experience you all have had.

LeucX3
06-24-2004, 09:49 AM
Can I get a the general feeling and likes dislikes and any problems people have had with their X3.

I am thinking of purchasing one and am curious about the owner experience you all have had.
I'm satisfied with my X3. It's not as refined as a new car should be, but it's a first year production model, so what can you expect? Overall, it's really good. Although there are a few things i'd like changed (which i told BMWNA about when they called and asked about that).

Rear window opening
Door ajar indicator on dash
Chrome door pulls (interior)
Fewer squeeks

Now that i think about, for a brand new car it's not bad at all. Those are all things which will probably be taken care of soon.

Mike99PA
06-24-2004, 12:59 PM
I'm satisfied with my X3. It's not as refined as a new car should be, but it's a first year production model, so what can you expect? Overall, it's really good. Although there are a few things i'd like changed (which i told BMWNA about when they called and asked about that).

Rear window opening
Door ajar indicator on dash
Chrome door pulls (interior)
Fewer squeeks

Now that i think about, for a brand new car it's not bad at all. Those are all things which will probably be taken care of soon.

I AGREE with YOU!
Hate the fact the Rear Windows Doesn't Open
I always have to check for interior lights to tell if door is open OR Rear Hatch is open!

One addition would be nice! Some wood trim on the dash!!! :)

xspeedy
06-24-2004, 04:24 PM
What do you mean the rear windows don't open? I know the rear door windows open. What else do you want to open?

harplayr
06-25-2004, 05:46 AM
What do you mean the rear windows don't open? I know the rear door windows open. What else do you want to open?I think they're talking about the window on the tailgate, and the cargo section.

I absolutly love my X3. The handling and performance is outstanding, and there have been no problems other than a couple of creaks on bumpy serfaces. Considering it is a first year early production (Jan build date) model, I find the build quality to be excellant. :thumbup:

LeucX3
06-25-2004, 08:36 AM
I think they're talking about the window on the tailgate, and the cargo section.

Yes, the tailgate window. It's not that big of a deal i guess overall.

I disagree on the wood. There is just the right about in there for me.

Duane
07-05-2004, 09:42 AM
Just picked up my new X3 last week and love it. Only issue I seem to have is the front seat seems quite short for my long legs. I just did a 1.5 hour drive from the lake and had sore legs. Anyone else experience this?

quattro29
07-06-2004, 06:38 AM
Just picked up my new X3 last week and love it. Only issue I seem to have is the front seat seems quite short for my long legs. I just did a 1.5 hour drive from the lake and had sore legs. Anyone else experience this?

Did you try the sport seats? They are great - very supportive and the front part is adjustable so you can have additional thigh support.

FosterE39
07-06-2004, 08:07 PM
This response was accidentally deleted by moderator. No bad content... just a mistake. My apologies to FosterE39...

FosterE39
07-06-2004, 08:11 PM
The seats were fine for me. I am 6 feet tall and were fine for me. Sport seats are too firm. Like sitting on a bushel bag of grapefruit.

Did you try the sport seats? They are great - very supportive and the front part is adjustable so you can have additional thigh support.