PDA

View Full Version : Delivery of X1

hornsch
09-01-2012, 05:41 AM
Took delivery of my 2013 beige leatherette/jet black sDrive28i X1 on 8-31-12. No options, no extra insurance packages!
The dealer appreciated I took off work early and got it on the last day of the month!
I am very pleased with it!

Sticker price $31,545 including destination! Not bad for a new 4 door BMW! It had 8 miles on it. I thought this was a little high but oh well. As advised on the board, I took for a 4 mile test drive before I closed. No issues!

I couldn't believe the little 'standard' items included with the bare bones model- start/stop function [dislike!], nice auto shifter [better than the xdrive35 i test drove], brake energy regen system, eco drive, ipod and usb adapter, rain sensing wipers, auto headlamps, leather sport steering wheel, Bluetooth!

Best part might have been I put the order in on 8-25 and picked it up 6 days later! The dealer traded a vehicle with a dealer from Texas for this one. The car was almost at port in GA when I placed the order!

the_fox
09-01-2012, 09:41 AM
Congrats! Yes, it's amazing how many things are standard for a baseline car that you can get under 30k with ED!
According to others, you can turn off the auto start/stop.

hornsch
09-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Yup. I turn mine OFF!

stary
09-01-2012, 11:52 AM
nice, I like the black! thanks for the pics. how is the quality of the leatherette?